Thread: Buell is back !?!

Buell is back !?!

Buell is back again..as Buell, not EBR... With out Erik Buell...?? This all seems so familiar, yet again.. But somehow different and exciting. Check it out .. https://www.roadracingworld.com/news/buell-is-back/

Let me know what you think, like I said I'm excited to see this in motion. I'm scared by his lack of involvement...

Yes it is exciting, but after hearing it a few times, not as exciting with some apprehension. Definitely interested in seeing the Super Touring bike.

I'm cautiously optimistic, but hey... its better news than from a year or two ago!

Good news indeed! I'm curious though, now that HD sold the Buell name will they continue supporting the brand with new parts like they've been doing with St. Paul Buell/HD? If not will the new Buell have any interest in supporting Lightning's Firebolt's, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by mmcn49 View Post
    Good news indeed! I'm curious though, now that HD sold the Buell name will they continue supporting the brand with new parts like they've been doing with St. Paul Buell/HD? If not will the new Buell have any interest in supporting Lightning's Firebolt's, etc?
    That would be VERY nice...

^^^ this sadly, is unlikely to happen

As a small and newer company they are likely going to focus on taking care of THEIR customers on bikes THEY produced. I’m sure they’re not interested in supporting a shock recall on an old tube framed bike or some weird issue on an XB. Like Indian, this is just a new company with and old name. They will probably support some of the EBR stuff that carries over to current bikes, but remember they did have a huge blowout auction of a bunch of their older inventory. It wasn’t because they wanted to hook someone up or support the riders... they wanted it out of the building.

They Harley warehouses are running low on Buell parts and not replenishing them. Most parts I look up are discontinued/obsolete or have been sold off to VPI. Luckily people are still parting out the bikes as they tend to still be worth more in parts than as a complete, and there are still those who want to put the motor in a chopper frame, so used parts will still be available for awhile. You just have to be diligent and look for them.

I’m personally excited for them and the direction they are heading. If you really want to support this company vote with your dollars and buy a new Buell bike. The new Buell (and EBR) were not really on my radar for a new bike, but I’m very curious to what this “smaller motorcycle” is, as I am very interested in a Husqvarna Vitpilen.
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 02-21-2021 at 03:37 PM.

The Vitpilen is certainly a beautiful design. Great numbers on paper. Never been on one, so wonder what that big thumper feels like.

Do check out the KTM 790 Duke though. The looks can be polarizing, but it's the nicest handling bike I've been on. Great torque, deft handling, slipper clutch and autoblippers up and down. The 890 has even better suspension and brakes, but not sure if it's worth the $3-4k premium.

It's interesting to see the name back in action but we've been through this before. Just hope for the best.