Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2006 Ulysses Intake Manifold Seals

I edited my post above to be more clear.
    Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Most of the wrenches have 2 ends, one with a ball end and one with a regular end.

It's not whether they're the ball end or not, pick one, either fits fine. It's the 45* angle on the wrench that gives you the blessed space to turn it, instead of the 1/64th of a turn Austin Powers style

I have had luck with an extended reach ball end allen socket that might be easier to find. Done with no engine rotate. But now theres regular bolts in there. It's not a technical job, it just takes a little finesse and patience. Much better with a cold beer, AARON!

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    You'll need this:
    Attachment 15025
    Attachment 15026
    But you know that, because you read the manual with the step-by-step instructions, pictures, and the list of tools... So you already know if theres any catch 22's.

Anything else we can help you with?
    Word, yes, I'd seen the manifold wrench mentioned, but I wasn't sure exactly what to look for. Thanks for posting those images! Should be all good for now.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    I dont know the part number off hand, but there is a parts manual on buellmods.com and on Harleys webpage in the service section, or you can look them up on St Paul or Twin motorcycles website.

Or just go into a Harley dealer and ask for intake seals for a late model Sportster. In that case, you could also look them up on Ronnies HD website or any other Harley site that has an online parts catalog.

I'd be willing to bet a google search for "2006 buell ulysses intake seals" would probably take me right to the answer.

And sometimes I realize that the amount of typing I do on this website, is much much more than just typing "www.google.com" and "2006 buell ulysses intake seals" and actually doing the google search myself and reporting back my findings, but I dont work here on Mondays anymore. I tend to believe the saying of "give a man a fish, he eats for a day. teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime". However, most people get upset when I try to "teach them to fish".
    I can appreciate that sentiment. I suppose there's a fine balance between going to fish for yourself instead of heading straight for the advice of accomplished fishermen...if you get my meaning.

At any rate, Barret seems to have dropped the part numbers I need, which I confirmed by doing my own googling.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    PART NUMBERS:

OEM part #--26995-86B.......in stock at most all H-D dealers. sold individually
    JAMES part #--26995-97-X....available thru several H-D online dealers and ebay.
    Both on order!

Wait, so you wanted the "advice of accomplished fishermen" and when the sea captain handed you exactly what you needed... you had to confirm it?

I gave you the knowledge of how to find the information you were looking for, as well as advice on doing the repair and what to expect based on my experience. Now you know how to find the part numbers.... go on a forum and ask them to look them up for you.

Much better with a cold beer, AARON!
    Shut up COOT-AIR! Are you coming back to Phoenix soon?

I don't think so man. Stuck working in Santa Fe Springs for a few weeks and I just added 2 more lost souls to the garage. BOTH are decades old, and both have sat

I just added 2 more lost souls to the garage. BOTH are decades old, and both have sat
    Maybe we should call this "Cooter as Ice"

(be glad I dont have time to Photoshop this)
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 02-24-2021 at 04:56 PM.

Dude.

0D5C2774-6764-4E54-BD21-6E7846916FE9.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12