Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New to me 2006 Buell Bast!

Bubbles Blast had a V&H muffler I fully stuffed with packing and that SOB was STILL the loudest damn thing I've ever heard. Sounded like she was going elevenbillionty MPH all the time. She still misses it...

Rode the Blast about 100 miles yesterday, including some twisty roads. Continuing to dig this bike!

I didn't go too fast (i.e., no interstate) because the tires are pretty old (2010 and 2013 build dates) and fairly weather-checked. I'll get new tires on it sometime this summer. Base on my reading here I think I'll go with the over-sized Shinko SR's. I've used Shinko's for years on various other bikes and like the price and performance.

[Side note: On Felix's website here, he compares his Blast to his old MGB! First jetlee, now this guy. I swear, when I made that analogy earlier, it was totally random-- but there seems to be some kind of mystical connection between these two vehicles!]

I was cleaning up a few things on the bike and ran into these cut wires. Anyone know what they are?

2021-03-06 11.34.49.jpg

they are all listed below.
    R=Red
    GN=Green
    BE=Blue

http://www.craigerson.com/wp-content...electrical.pdf

Dang. Heres your internet point Barrett, thats damn funny

Get the Pirelli Scooter tires if you can find them. It's the last set you'll ever need to buy and still sticky enough for some fun!

go for 34-19 and send me the XB pump to put in a blast I have sitting around that way we can reach the pegs on a twin I'll even let you ride it if you visit come to WA to visit.

I've been away for a while, but it's because I've been off the bike. About a month ago, I was out having a very enjoyable ride around town-- probably rode around for about an hour. I was on my way back home, and all the sudden it quit. I got pulled over and I could just get it started but giving it any throttle at all would cause it to bog down and die.

Since I was close to home, I called my wife, had her pick me up, grabbed my truck and got the bike, and brought it home. As mentioned before, I have a pretty busy job so I've had no time to work on it. I did start it a couple of times, and when cold it would start pretty good. But it still would take no throttle at all. Given how suddenly it happened, I thought maybe the diaphragm got a tear in it, but lifting it with my finger it seemed to be making the proper sucking sound. After checking that, I found that I could spray some carb cleaner in it as I gave it throttle and it would rev up, so then I thought maybe I got some sudden clog in the main/needle jet.

This weekend I finally had some time to deal with it, so I took the carb off/apart to try to find the problem. I'm fairly familiar with the Keihin CV40 as that's what my KLR650 has in it. I took every bit of it apart and could see nothing wrong. No clogs evident, everything was clean, diaphragm was fine. Das boot was in good condition, with no sign of any holes/rot/cracks/dryness.

(As an aside, I noted that it has 45/175 jetting, which means a PO has modified it. That's fine with me-- that's exactly what I had planned to put in it!).

Not knowing what else to do, I went ahead and put it back together, reinstalled, hit the starter, and it fired up and ran fine. Just finished about a 30 minute ride, and it ran great.

So, I must have fixed something, but I'm not sure what!

Still love this bike-- very unique and there's just something about it that just makes it very satisfying to ride to me.

My Cyclone used to love to clog its pilot jet if it let it sit for a couple of weeks. Luckily the KT header made getting to the float bowl and jets pretty easy.

My guess is that your bike is doing the same. I’d recommend flushing out the fuel tank and running a small inline fuel filter if you haven’t already.

Also check to make sure the bowl vent isn’t being blocked or clogged. That’s been known to happen and cause fuel starvation. Speaking of vents, if it happens again, release the gas cap to see if you can hear it letting air back in.

Sometimes the ignition pickup will get wonky when hot, but then behave normal when the bike cools back down. It’s probably worth taking a look to see if you can see it starting to melt down. Food for thought .

Last edited by 34nineteen; 04-19-2021 at 04:45 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234