Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
FYI, this bike does not have a separate transmission case.
Oh-- when Barrett said "check both the primary/trans and engine oil levels" I assumed that meant there were separate cases. Is there separate oil but not separate cases?

FYI, I like single cylinder bikes as well, and am considering a Husqvarna Vitpilen. I've always thought the Savage 650's were pretty awesome. What is a SR400?
I love absolutely everything about singles except the sound. There's no way around it-- they sound like lawn mowers when idling. But I'll take that one downside to get all the other upsides.

The SR400 is from Yamaha: https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/sp...e/models/sr400

I really like the Vitpilen, but man, reliability seems problematic on Husky's and KTMs. On the big Svartpilen 401 thread on advrider, the guy who started the thread had his engine implode at about 500 miles. Not good. And they're expensive too. I don't ever see myself spending that kind of money on any bike. However, the Vitpilen is definitely a bike that's right up my alley, so I'm definitely interested in it.

You're probably going to laugh at this, but I swear that I consider the Blast to be a poor man's Vitpilen 401! There is a little similarity in the styling, and they have roughly the same displacement singles. I would say that if the Vitpilen 401 is a new Miata, the Blast is a 1977 MGB.

FYI, someone is selling a Pro Series exhaust on eBay.
Thanks-- I'll need to study exhausts to determine exactly what I want. Mostly looking for weight reduction (I like my bikes light!) and low cost.

PS. I get having a busy job and limited time to work on bikes. Welcome to my world.
I guess we're Busy Buell Blast Brothers!

PS. Read up on Blast mods and advice on buellridersonline.com. Our good friend, jetlee is the bossman over there and does a fine job keeping the wisdom of everything Blast in one spot.
I have been to that site, but posted here first because it seemed like this site had a little more activity. Maybe I'll post an intro at the other one as well.

PS. Also check to make sure the auto enrichment circuit is working correctly (exclusive to the Blast, its basically and auto choke).
I'm kind of suspicious of the auto enricher, and I asked the previous owner about it. She said it worked great. I'd prefer a manual choke. On my KLR650 (pretty much the same carb) I removed the handlebar cable for the manual choke because it got kinked. In order to simplify, I installed a pull-out knob right on the carb to do the enriching.

Due to the way it is set up, it doesn't look like the Blast auto enricher can be swapped out as easily. Even if it was, the way the carb is twisted to the right, not sure that would possible to even reach a knob, so there would need to be a cable.

Dealing with things like that is what I meant when I said I only do mods to remove restrictions and/or make a bike more reliable. An auto enricher looks to me like a future failure point-- I think I'd like to get it converted to a bulletproof manual system. But that will come later after I've run it a bit.