Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey kz6fiddy

Hybrid View

Hey kz6fiddy

I found your YouTube channel and saw you added an LED taillight with turn signals? What model did you use and how did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    I found your YouTube channel and saw you added an LED taillight with turn signals? What model did you use and how did you like it?
    I actually bought the bike with that LED taillight on it. I have no idea what brand it is, likely some eBay special. I had to rewire things back there as it had a bunch of wire-nuts and wingdings holding it together.

It's been okay, I need to repaint it (and basically the whole bike). As my wife has followed me while riding in the day, I've asked her how well it illuminates. She says she can see everything quite well, from a distance, in bright daylight, etc.

Sorry, I wish I could tell you the brand - but there's nothing on it (IIRC). It's urethane, it's painted, it flexes, it's a "taillight".

I will double-check it to verify there's no branding but I'm pretty sure it was a generic piece likely made at some point.

This is the only "name" or branding I could find on the taillight - I tried searching for that and couldn't find anything. My Google-Fu might be off, so I hope this might help you out.

21-03-02 17-29-59 0476.jpg

21-03-02 17-30-40 0480.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by kz6fittycent View Post
    This is the only "name" or branding I could find on the taillight - I tried searching for that and couldn't find anything. My Google-Fu might be off, so I hope this might help you out.

21-03-02 17-29-59 0476.jpg

21-03-02 17-30-40 0480.jpg

red circled logo confirms that it's the rare and highly coveted E-I-E I-O dealer option only light by Old MacDonald Corp...a former subsidiary of MacDonald-Douglas Aviation. producers of desirable motorcycle tail lights and farm equipment.

IMO the best bang-for-the-buck and super bright LED taillight for XB's is the stock '08-up one. NO turn signals though.

Theres a more expensive option at "superbrightLEDs" that does have the signals in it. Still vastly better than E-bay stuff.

Very rare unit

I read the reviews and found this one the most compelling.

Great product! I bought one for my girlfriend and one for myself and we couldnt be happier. Now people can safely see us on our motorcycles as we deliver joy and happiness during our motorcycle adventures throughout the west coast.

Capture.JPG
    Shawn and Erin
    Dunedin, FL

Thats what happens to people who move to Florida ^^^^

I SWEAR theres a state subsidy to make alcohol cheaper there and I'm not even joking.

Man I love FL - used to go to Eglin, Hurlburt Field, and Tyndall (once) when I was in the USAF - went every year. I wanted to move there instead of TX but my wife hated the humidity...and doesn't like beaches.............................

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast