Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buell group ride up Northern California Coast March / April?

Buell group ride up Northern California Coast March / April?

Hey Buellsters,

In case you missed Cooter's wonderfully written travelog, we're trying to put together a ride sometime over the next month or so.

Plans totally in early stages, but maybe something like SF/Napa up to Mendocino.

Just to keep the ball rolling, I've got the weekends of March 20; April 3; April 17 available.

Cheers,
    Endo / David

All-The April 3 weekend will be around when I start returning back to the PNW from the Napa zone so that would work for me.

It will be Easter weekend so the roads might be jammed up a bit.

I really like the offer of hospitality to camp out on "The Woods" property. Maybe we should shift this conversation to the PM mode?

Opto

What is the word these days--ah yes--"Crickets"

Opto

It's so hard to commit to something, even as fun as this could be! Like I said in the other thread, Bubbles and I love us some of that PCH but are heading to Death Valley about that time. Napa is close though (and beautiful) so theres always a maybe!

Yeah it is only a 600 mile detour to Napa, Cooter. Stick with the Death Valley program would be my advice. Still frosty here in Western WA these mornings so I am playing the trip South kinda loose.

Probably head South in about two weeks or so. Getting itchy for sure.

Sounds like a solo ride shaping up--which is OK

Opto

Just wanted to mention that if this ride gets traction(pun intended), my offer is still good if Mendo ends up being the turn around stop.

Group of typical posers. Cannot and will not recommend Buell motorcycles or racing Harley-Davidson style motorcycles for such mileage durations. BMW...Honda best choices along with Hyosung StarFire 950cc also. BMW superior machine among the three.

TEABAG

May also rec a Royal Enfield. 👍

Yeah, well get stuffed TBag what do you know. I put a quick 15+thou on the EBR and more on the '09Uly no issues until I went into fuel pump wonderland 600 miles from home. I had a pickup come and get me, what a saga. Not many Buell Fuel pumps in central Oregon. My first ever roadside breakdown.

No offence buellers, but the experience got me thinking "Quirky". Really, at the bottom, I am not really a gearhead (but can fix stuff). Bottom line I just want to turn the key and go--The Honda VTR and VFR did that in spades--major mileage, zero issues. gotta like it.

So now I have XR1200X. My first ever HD--compared to the ULY it is pretty clunky, doesn't handle nearly as well and weighs a lot more. Now I learn all the strange Harley things, like the weird 18" front wheel--hard to find tire types and the even stranger FOB thing and the PIN number activation through the turn signals--oh well I kinda dig the bike plus there are lots of Harley dealers for parts.

Oh sorry, I did buy a new V-Rod a few years back--super cool I thought until I got it into the mountains and it nearly killed me--strictly a straight liner. I was used to Aprila's and Ducati's, kind of my standard for handling and performance. Anyway, hope to try the Sporty out soon. A less aggressive riding style, sorta sporty cruiser. See how it goes, for travel--I was on the I-5 for the first time in awhile today and it seemed really "off" to me--strange times

Take care all,

Opto

Can I get the CAD files for that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast