Thread: X12 ss shock and uly shock WANTED

X12 ss shock and uly shock WANTED

looking for hydraulic tensioner from a uly shock and a 2006 SS shock to make a hybrid of the two to lower the rear of my XT and maintain the tensioner, I'm also wanting the spring rates and free standing height to have the new spring made if any one has the specs.
    Last edited by cvc; 03-03-2021 at 05:47 PM. Reason: spell check

Im not so sure the ss shock will be much lower (if at all) than the xt shock, which is already shorter than a X. ? Maybe you've already got this figured, either way id be curious to know for sure

Others have successfully lowered their XT’s by one inch using the early SS rear shock and spring at the expense of the hydraulic tensioner. The extended length is shorter but I don’t know what effect the tensioner will have on the installed hight of the spring.
    You know I want my cake and eat it too.

Not sure if this will help you or not, but I have a brand new "Hyperpro" progressive rear lowering(1") spring made for an XB12X Uly. It is 8-13/16"(224mm)free standing, and is in the factory purple. Not sure about the spring rate. This one they sent me had a few chips in the coating after shipping, and they sent me a new one.