Thread: evil introduction

evil introduction

my name is evil. thats not a nick name but my actual name. i have been a fan of buells since the early days. i didnt really want one until the xb models came out. i thought they were the coolest. i hear a lot of people say they dont like the styling but it looks great to my eyes. i have owned many motorcycles over the years. i currently own a 2008 yamaha roadstar warrior with a good bit of custome work and as of today a 2007 buell firebolt. its a very nice bike. i bought it from the original owner with just 3,000 miles on the clock. it has a jardine exhaust and frame sliders. other than that its stock. im really excited about finally owning a buell. im on the tall side of average and i expect to adjust the rider position little but thats pretty normal for me. the bike is yellow. im going to be honest and tell you i am not a fan of yellow. it comes across as desperate for attention to me. i will more than likely paint the bike at some point but until them im going to call it rod stewart. i have been lurking on the forum for a few months now while i was searching for my bike. it took a while to find the right one but here it is. now im just waiting for the weather.
    Attached Images Attached Images

rod stewart is home

i finally got the buell home yesterday. i bought it from New Jersey and to have it delivered to my house was $1400. if i delivered it to dallas it was only $400. so yesterday i drove 3.5 hours to dallas to get it. most of the day was transport so i cant give a full review of the bike yet. i will say the yellow isnt nearly as bad as i thought. i didint hate it. the riding position was more comfortable than i expected however my seat time has been limitied. the bike is in very good condition but they are never as good as the pictures. its from the north east so there is some corrosion on a couple of bolts that i will clean up but overall its in great condition. the bike fired and ran very well. ther are no signs of leaking or defect and it came with an extra cowel. im really excited. i will be headed out to the gym in an hour or so and hoping to be taking rod stewart. glad to be a buell owner and new member here.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by evilokc; 03-21-2021 at 03:43 PM.

Welcome to the forum Rod, and Evil The yellow ain't so bad, "Different in every sense" yes? And frankly easy to change with plenty of available body parts in lots of colors. These are super fun machines and run well and dependably with the bare minimum of maintenance. Heres the service manual to follow:
    Buellmods.com

Don't do this:

But this color on the XB-Ss is rad:

You've heard it, I've heard it, and it still rocks...

i got about 6 miles in today. its not much but i had a ton of chores to get done around the house so i snuck off twice to run around. its going to take a few more miles to acclimate to the riding position but ive owned sportbikes in the past and should adapt quickly.