Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pandoras box..or throttle.

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    I think you will like them a lot, through the few years I've been a Bueller the only sore bone I've had when it comes to complaints were the headlights, that is not the case anymore, after you get them please let me know what you think.
    NJ- check this out. I found these LED lights on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Buell-LED-H...cAAOSwowxdfjhy

While I'm usually wary of eBay stuff, when I visited his store, he appears to be a Bueller and sells other XB specific parts as well. Theyre a little more expensive that the Amazon lights, but I like the idea of supporting someone who is putting new Buell specific product into the world.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    NJ- check this out. I found these LED lights on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Buell-LED-H...cAAOSwowxdfjhy

While I'm usually wary of eBay stuff, when I visited his store, he appears to be a Bueller and sells other XB specific parts as well. Theyre a little more expensive that the Amazon lights, but I like the idea of supporting someone who is putting new Buell specific product into the world.
    Stuff looks nice! I would definitely buy them but want to make my own, his air box deletes look awesome!
    Last edited by TheJmann; 03-18-2021 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJmann View Post
    Stuff looks nice! I would definitely buy them but want to make my own, his are box deletes look awesome!
    I need to get one also. Cooter likes to put small bits of hardware in the recess where the actuator motor used to live on my airbox, so my bike always has constant weird rattles.

Wait the rattles are not normal?

[QUOTE=34nineteen;627762]I need to get one also. Cooter likes to put small bits of hardware in the recess where the actuator motor used to live on my airbox, so my bike always has constant weird rattles. [/QUOTE

I'm gonna band wagon here but ahem...don't you need a running bike to hear the rattles? According to Cooter you have like a bike ...graveyard
    Last edited by TheJmann; 03-19-2021 at 04:26 AM.

So made the locking bar today, I'm hoping to ride it this weekend for a little bit to get the oil in the primary sloshed around a bit so I can drain it. Then it's a longer list of stuff I ordered.. primary gasket kit, shifter o-ring, clutch sealing washer, intake gaskets, and torque that damn flywheel nut just because I have no idea if it was ever done. Hell the motor may be shot, but it runs for now.

So today I planned on changing my throttle cables, and I started with the pull cable. Got the new one routed..and low and behold I'm short. Guess what, I was sent firebolt cables ****. End to adjusting nut I measured 31.5"? I think. Oh well, another set ordered.

I figure since I have the headlight off let's swap out these turn signals with these awesome chinesium leds I ordered. I actually really like them, in the fronts they have a white lip "see pictures" like a dtr and rears have red. Not bad for like $22 on Amazon. https://photos.app.goo.gl/pRxteeZZJawgXphY6
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/Y7Ey4Pz1BjDKsKcC8
    Then I started to swap out the rear sets with the cheapest set I could find. $45? And they are not too shabby! I will post pics tomorrow since my phone didn't save them for some reason. I fully installed them but didn't torque anything because I want to blue loctite everything and wanted to adjust them where I wanted.

And lastly installed a uly sprocket guard because well mine was missing and I found this one on fleabay for like $18. So win. Pictures also missing will post tomorrow.

So now more waiting for parts, while I could be riding. Oh why to the lords of 2 wheels must I suffer due to my incompetence.

So made the locking bar today, I'm hoping to ride it this weekend for a little bit to get the oil in the primary sloshed around a bit so I can drain it. Then it's a longer list of stuff I ordered.. primary gasket kit, shifter o-ring, clutch sealing washer, intake gaskets, and torque that damn flywheel nut just because I have no idea if it was ever done. Hell the motor may be shot, but it runs for now.
    What is the "clutch sealing washer"?

You will want to get the gaskets for the chain and clutch inspection covers in the primary case. The book says to replace them everytime, but I just do it when they leak. And... the shifter shaft seal was available in an early and late version. The early one was smaller, the later one was larger. I think the year split was 2006?

I wouldnt mess with the flywheel nut unless you are having issues. If it was going to let loose, it likely would have done so years ago. If you "re-torque" it, you will likely be fighting the factory red locktite, and if you happen to tighten the bolt a little further, you've just broken the locktite bond. So, if you're gonna do it, loosen, clean thoroughly, re-locktite and torque 'er down. Also, remember the torque on the flywheel nut has been increased to 240-260lb/ft.

With the fluid, I did a similar thing when I resurrected my last XB. I ran ATF in the primary to clean out any gunk and get it all in suspension before I flushed it and refilled with Formula +. Its not really a "quart out/quart in"... its more like about 28-30oz. You should have a little left over to get the fluid height correct.

I'm gonna band wagon here but ahem...don't you need a running bike to hear the rattles? According to Cooter you have like a bike ...graveyard
    Touche. He's not kidding. I've had this habit lately of picking up strays. Don't do meth, just dont.
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 03-22-2021 at 11:34 PM.

I meant clutch sealing o-ring. For the primary gaskets I bought this https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cometic-Gas....m46890.l49292.

Shifter o ring from st.paul
    https://st-paul-harley-davidson-buel...2076c0e0&_ss=r

Intake gaskets
    https://st-paul-harley-davidson-buel...ef45c2f9&_ss=r

I only planned to verify it was torqued aka visual not with a wrench. If it looks suspicious I'll pull it, chase the threads and goop the red death on it.

Some how I've managed to spend more on this bike this year than I paid for it. But rev 2 throttle, ebr left/ right controls, a used crg clutch lever, revival throttle cable kit to make a new pull cable from the firebolt cable I have, and a cute little volt meter for the dash.

Don't worry my buell hasn't seen the street in years which is sad. Some how I feel that I will start accumulating deprived misfits before long. We can support each other in our unhealthy habits

Well don't ride anyplace next to 34's house, that is just the type of Buell he looks for and you'll never be able to escape the black hole like gravity pulling you in !

Yeah, I like the way those headlights look, just make sure whatever bulbs are in there are available.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast