Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to Buell?

Banned
    IMO Buells are like the AMA homologous requirement. Harley's numerous cancelled models clearly prove all HD is interested in is money, money, money. Erik Buell's last motivation is profit. I believe he still makes EBR bikes on demand for like 45k? Not sure tho. He's the TUCKER of motorcycles.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuck..._and_His_Dream
    Last edited by VtwinXB12; 03-16-2021 at 08:50 AM.

Banned
    Shipper is picking up the bike this week & dripping off Saturday. Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by VtwinXB12 View Post
    IMO Buells are like the AMA homologous requirement. Harley's numerous cancelled models clearly prove all HD is interested in is money, money, money. Erik Buell's last motivation is profit. I believe he still makes EBR bikes on demand for like 45k? Not sure tho. He's the TUCKER of motorcycles.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuck..._and_His_Dream
    Rumors are a funny thing, remember the game of telephone?

Not sure what you mean by any of that, but Erik is busy making Fuell electric things. He's out, and away from EBR and any of this new "Buell" stuff. He's not making any EBR's.

LAP, is Bill Melvin (who bought the EBR stock) and has been piecing together EBR's since 2019 and I've seen a receipt for a carbon one at $23K. IMO, pretty fair honestly, considering the rarity and performance. You'd be at that $35K-45k mark for the same thing if the logo was different (see BMW M-class bikes or Ducati Superleggerra, Tri-colore, FE, blah blah).

Banned
    The 'Homologous' rule in AMA basically means a moco must make 100 exact replicas of its race entry greatly reducing the possibilities of a pure works bike and giving the public a chance to be able to buy a 'race bike'. I assume this only applies to pro-stock class but IDK for sure.

“Motorcycles used in competition require homologation approval granted by AMA Pro Racing prior to use in competition. Homologation rules are intended to give freedom to modify or replace some of the parts in the interest of safety, research and development, with constraints imposed to limit cost. Once a motorcycle has been homologated, it may be used until such time that the homologated motorcycle no longer complies with the technical rules or a maximum of five (5) years.” – AMA Rulebook Sec 3.1.

Here's a 2012 EBR 1190 w/ (12) miles on it selling for $39k! They'll probably get pretty close to it in the end if they sit on it long enough. Def testament to Erik Buell's innovative motorcycles.
    https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/...0RS-5009174721
    Last edited by VtwinXB12; 03-16-2021 at 07:49 PM.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    that's White's H-D, also highly regarded former Buell/EBR dealership just up the road from me. that particularly bike has been sitting in their showroom since new, with no takers or non-tire kicker offers. i should list for sale my 2008 XB12 Black Lightning Silver Anniversary edition with ONE(1) mile on it, for $39,000.....or rent a space for it in White's ample showroom.

Banned
    There's not a font large or loud enough to convey my jealousy of you Barrett. Jeez......

National Auto Shipping just picked it up an hour ago exactly 24hrs after I signed the shipping contract. Will be delivered by Friday 6pm. All for $550! Incredible.
    Not too many Pearl White w/ gleaming red wheels, at least not I've seen.

IMG_20210316_180417.jpg

IMG_20210316_180826.jpg

Keep an eye on that 190 rear. A Dunlop 190 rubs the swinging arm when it gets hot. Especially if it's a 60 series.

Banned
    It's a ContiMotion 190/50-17. I think I'll be ok.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12