Thread: 1125 Parts Hoarders Out There?

1125 Parts Hoarders Out There?

Hello, I picked up an 1125r project that needs work and figured I would change some things in the process. I'm looking for some parts and before I commit to ebay and St. Paul HD for purchases, I figured I'd ask if anyone has some 1125 parts gathering dust and looking to free some space up?

Stuff I'm interested in:
    1.) aftermarket exhaust = (May 2021 update: bought a used Jardine)

2.) ECM (or maybe just the file?) for the aftermarket pipe = (May 2021 update: got a used race ECM for the Jardine pipe)

3.) Right pod cover in black = (May 2021 update: scored 2 new pods cheaper than St. Pauls from ebay)

4.) 1125r to cr conversion parts (headlight, black windscreen, upper triple, handle bar clamp, plastic gauge surround, full lock set including gas cap) = (April 2021 update: ended up buying a bunch of new CR parts from St. Pauls and found a lot of other parts on FB marketplace)

5.) 1125cr high bar kit = (April 2021 update: purchased a used highbar kit from FB marketplace)

I'm sure I'll need some other parts down the road but for now that should get me going. Thanks!
    Last edited by Cherry_Bomb; 05-18-2021 at 01:05 PM.

Just an update: I sourced and converted the R front end to the CR so no longer need the conversion or high bar parts.

20210322_182612.jpg
    20210409_201312.jpg
    20210410_180729.jpg

At this point in time, I'm still after an aftermarket exhaust and ECM or tune file and a right midnight black pod shroud.

St Paul still has a RH pod in black for $130, I'd jump on it if I were you as they arent going to get cheaper or more plentiful.

When you did the conversion from R to CR was it as simple as "unbolt R parts, bolt on CR parts"?

So I've been kicking around the idea of purchasing that pod from St. Pauls. Only downside with them is the shipping. On just that pod the shipping is 40 bucks. I was going to add it to my order of CR parts from them but bc it was coming from another warehouse they still wanted extra $$ for shipping. So I figured I'd try and locate a "gently used" part for under 170.

As for the conversion, it was pretty straightforward! If going from R triple/handle bars like I did to high bars then wire extensions are only needed for the clutch safety switch, and the brake light switch. 4 wires in total to extend. I kept the original R brake and clutch lines, just changed orientation. I did use longer throttle cables from the high bar kit. I imagine if running clubmans, then the longer throttle cables, wire extensions and changing the orientation of hydraulic is not needed.

I have a 4 part video series coming soon on the detailed conversion that I'm working on posting on my YouTube. It includes a parts breakdown of what all is needed as well.

https://youtu.be/0teWHru6t_Y

May update:

Bought a used Jardine RT5 exhaust and race ECM from a member. I think in off season I will pull it off and send to my powdercoater to coat headers, mid pipe and can all in black.

I also purchased 2 new pods and CRG lanesplitter bar end mirrors. Just waiting on arrival of pods for install but otherwise coming along nicely!

I think the only other things I'd like to do is eventually convert to white plastics and get a quickshifter but thats maybe over winter.

Attachment 15414