Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ulysses XB12x 2006 Clutch cable

Ulysses XB12x 2006 Clutch cable

Hi everybody!!

does anyone know the part number of the clutch cable of the Ulysses xb12x 2006? or better, does anyone knows where to buy it? thanks

If you live in the United states, there are the usual options:
    https://sphdonline.com/products/3872...3d8957cd&_ss=r

If you live in Europe, the usual options as well:
    https://www.twinmotorcycles.nl/websh...tch%20cable&a=

Is there a cross-over to a Sportster part number?

For the OP, you might check with your local HD dealer - I've found that several Buell part numbers are still active in their system.

It appears the Buell # is 38726-06C.

Good luck!

NO cross-over for the Ulysses/Touring/Police clutch cable
    NO XL or XR clutch cable applicable due to completely different inner cable end at lever
    Steve is correct with # 38726-06C.......over 45 still in system at multiple dealerships. list is $49.17

NOTE TO X-XT-XP OWNERS: the parts system and assorted schematics show this cable NOT applicable to 2008-2010 models...and superseded by different part number. that is incorrect. 38726-06C fits all years of the X series buells.
    the only difference is the sourcing of the cable. new source Motion-Pro provided identical cable BUT with teflon sleeve over the entire inner cable.
    all cables are shipped "dry" and should be pre-lubed with cable lube or 3-in-1 oil prior to installation.

and NO............after checking with Motion-Pro production manager Joe Fratis...they do NOT offer this cable to the public.

you're welcome.

Spdhonline.com? What is that???

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    If you live in the United states, there are the usual options:
    https://sphdonline.com/products/3872...3d8957cd&_ss=r
    I need to start using your parts...

Random question...would a Harley lever fit in a Buell mount, thereby allowing use of HD cables instead of (increasingly hard to find / expensive) Buell cables? Possibly a stupid question. I have 0 experience with Harleys, but the Buell ends look pretty much like the japanese ends I'm used to. I understand Harley has some kind of "loop" end on the cable vs the "barrel" of Buell.

IMO not worth the trouble as often as a clutch cable needs to be replaced (50k?). You could have a custom one made for what the Harley stuff would set you back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    IMO not worth the trouble as often as a clutch cable needs to be replaced (50k?). You could have a custom one made for what the Harley stuff would set you back.
    Thanks. Barnett quoted me $107 for a new one a couple of months ago. Not the end of the world.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast