Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Refinish?

Banned
    20210407_113739.jpg

Added correct decals.

I like the decal! And I don't drink so that idea is out. I like the idea of food. Maybe order a nice steak or smoked barbeque lunch to his work sometime.

Well sure. It doesn't have to be beer-centric. He could be making $100/hr so just show some appreciation without going over the top.

One of my best friends (25 years my senior) taught me "Friends never count favors", it's not a barter or 'point' system, just something you do, so be aware if your friend needs something.

For instance, I am sending these to my friend 34:19:
    7733C00F-5511-4AB3-9BC6-E66327AB5FA6_1_201_a.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by cooter View Post
    well sure. It doesn't have to be beer-centric. ]
    who are you?

Banned
    Stop hijacking my thread with this BS!

Painted frame & swingarm today. Not bad for a $10 can of flat black.

20210408_135339_HDR.jpg20210408_135333_HDR.jpg20210408_135317_HDR.jpg

Think the rattle ran will stick? It looks good. I like it. Are you going to change the color of the primary?

Quote Originally Posted by VtwinXB12 View Post
    Stop hijacking my thread with this BS!

Painted frame & swingarm today. Not bad for a $10 can of flat black.

20210408_135339_HDR.jpg20210408_135333_HDR.jpg20210408_135317_HDR.jpg
    It will look good for a minute. It will turn to ass real quick. Eastwood makes a 2K aerosol paint in a can. Much better product than the rattle crap you used.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mike lowary View Post
    It will look good for a minute. It will turn to ass real quick. Eastwood makes a 2K aerosol paint in a can. Much better product than the rattle crap you used.
    That's the same BS response I got a month ago when I lacquered the plastics...and they look just as good today as then. It ain't 'chrome' paint bro. Even w/ that it ain't the cheapass lacquer...its the elbow grease w/ the fine stool wool scrubbing off the oxidation thats occurred in the past 13yrs due to neglect on the previous owner's part. The south Florida sun aged the sh#@ outta the surface and judging from the cold, foamy oil, soot covered plugs. loose primary chain, dirt encrusted stock air filter, smooth, bald factory tires I don't think the previous owner did sh#@ to upkeep THE best two wheeled vehicle ever produced in Milwaukee.

Here's the actual previous owner's sales pics. Personally, I'd NEVER sell anything that trashed and call it 'Good Condtioon' ..he did, but I knew it was a Buell w/ a tweaked Sportster 74ci vtwin motor.

The last two pics are my new 190 and Cherry Bomb windshield.

Keep your advice.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by VtwinXB12; 04-09-2021 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VtwinXB12 View Post
    That's the same BS response I got a month ago when I lacquered the plastics...and they look just as good today as then. It ain't 'chrome' paint bro. Even w/ that it ain't the cheapass lacquer...its the elbow grease w/ the fine stool wool scrubbing off the oxidation thats occurred in the past 13yrs due to neglect on the previous owner's part. The south Florida sun aged the sh#@ outta the surface and judging from the cold, foamy oil, soot covered plugs. loose primary chain, dirt encrusted stock air filter, smooth, bald factory tires I don't think the previous owner did sh#@ to upkeep THE best two wheeled vehicle ever produced in Milwaukee.

Here's the actual previous owner's sales pics. Personally, I'd NEVER sell anything that trashed and call it 'Good Condtioon' ..he did, but I knew it was a Buell w/ a tweaked Sportster 74ci vtwin motor.

The last two pics are my new 190 and Cherry Bomb windshield.

Keep your advice.
    Dude you started the thread asking for advice...?

Like I said before, if you're happy with your paint job, then good. It WILL likely fail eventually, but you can always just do the same procedure all over again. If you decide to get a real repaint done on it you'd be looking at anywhere from 1k-2.5k (lots of variables when it comes to paint like who's doing it, paint prices, color on and on).

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast