Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Refinish?

Quote Originally Posted by VtwinXB12 View Post
    That's the same BS response I got a month ago when I lacquered the plastics...and they look just as good today as then. It ain't 'chrome' paint bro. Even w/ that it ain't the cheapass lacquer...its the elbow grease w/ the fine stool wool scrubbing off the oxidation thats occurred in the past 13yrs due to neglect on the previous owner's part. The south Florida sun aged the sh#@ outta the surface and judging from the cold, foamy oil, soot covered plugs. loose primary chain, dirt encrusted stock air filter, smooth, bald factory tires I don't think the previous owner did sh#@ to upkeep THE best two wheeled vehicle ever produced in Milwaukee.

Here's the actual previous owner's sales pics. Personally, I'd NEVER sell anything that trashed and call it 'Good Condtioon' ..he did, but I knew it was a Buell w/ a tweaked Sportster 74ci vtwin motor.

The last two pics are my new 190 and Cherry Bomb windshield.

Keep your advice.
    My man. You obviously know nothing about paint. I was an auto painter for 10 years. It WILL look like crap very soon. Why don’t you stop being a cheap ass and refinish the bike correctly. I’m very sure your 10$ paint job looks like a 10$ paint job. Congratulations on giving the next owner of your bike a long list of crap they have to fix. Enjoy your rattle canned garbage.

Have you thought about why everyone keeps saying the same thing about your “paint job”? You really think ALL of us are wrong? Come on BRO

please allow me to jump into this fray. both Michael Lowary and Cody York possess impeccable painting credentials. Their considerable expertise in this demanding field of endeavor is beyond reproach.

also remain cognizant of the fact that, if you find it necessary to perform any XB throttle body or airbox base plate repairs or replacements....Mr. York would be your "go-to" board member.

Thanks John! And I should really take that video down lol... or maybe I should post it on OnlyFans? Hm

A few of us have been around the block. The OP should take advantage of this instead of disregarding our knowledge as BS because it’s not what he wants to hear. And thanks John

This may help...

Banned
    ALL motorcycle paint fails....or it wouldn't have looked like sh$@ to begin with. No plans to sell EVER. I ain't investing $1k to paint a bike I paid $1,800 for. Again keep your advice. After this paint fades I'll sand it down and rent a pro paint gun & redo it for $250.
    Last edited by VtwinXB12; 04-09-2021 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VtwinXB12 View Post
    ALL motorcycle paint fails....or it wouldn't have looked like sh$@ to begin with. No plans to sell EVER. I ain't investing $1k to paint a bike I paid $1,800 for. Again keep your advice. After this paint fades I'll sand it down and rent a pro paint gun & redo it for $250.
    keep backpedaling.... did the mean forum people hurt your feels?

Banned
    My man I'm not aiming for the same glamour look y'all obviously prefer. It's a goddam HARLEY DAVIDSON not a gizzer!
    Attached Images Attached Images

keep your excuses.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast