Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: rebuilt front isolator/ wante bad front isolator

I also have an old one you could have for testing should you need another one.

Pmsent

The polyurethane place has the parts and will be testing on Monday

Awesome to hear that CV! Eager to see your set of pucks. Wink wink nudge nudge

Quote Originally Posted by Pavatt1 View Post
    I also have an old one you could have for testing should you need another one.
    New bushings should be done this week. I still need a couple extra brackets to press new bushings in to test the different ones back to back so anyone got a bad isolator pm or call me 360 any 601 time 0597. With 3 different durometer bushings to test I really could use two more.

I could send mine collect? Im on east coast of Canada.
    Text me 1-506-five eight eight-6149 if interested. Just say its from BuellXB.

PS: are we getting them back? Cause I kept mine in order to try and find a solution. Cause inevitably they will require replacing again.

Well I got an email with a quote for the molds and producing the bushings Monday from the polyurethane place and a request for $ Well that kinda pissed me off as the person I was working with promised me the prototype set would be ready last Friday so after a few calls I am promised that I will have them a week from this coming Friday. So I am making my own mold fixtures and ordered the chemicals to make the f#€<!ng polyurethane myself and a pressurized oven to cure the bushings myself. All the delays with the damn machine shops has come to an end Mike Lowery has kindly offered to get involved on that end if needed. I also was looking at a building to move my shop to and due to the age of the structure and some damage to it I took a friend who is a structural engineer. Well chatting with Ben after looking at the building we were looking at one of the Buell projects and I mentioned the issue with the machine shops. Ben has his grandfather’s lathe in his garage and suggested some quality beer time at his place and see if I can make them myself a few blocks away. So there’s the update on the isolator project.

Sorry for the delay.

I thought I would be shipping these last April.

Can the poly bushings handle the vibrations as good as the rubber?

And will they be solid? If they're solid they'd transfer a lot of vibration to the chassis wouldnt they?

Quote Originally Posted by cvc View Post
    Well I got an email with a quote for the molds and producing the bushings Monday from the polyurethane place and a request for $ Well that kinda pissed me off as the person I was working with promised me the prototype set would be ready last Friday so after a few calls I am promised that I will have them a week from this coming Friday. So I am making my own mold fixtures and ordered the chemicals to make the f#€<!ng polyurethane myself and a pressurized oven to cure the bushings myself. All the delays with the damn machine shops has come to an end Mike Lowery has kindly offered to get involved on that end if needed. I also was looking at a building to move my shop to and due to the age of the structure and some damage to it I took a friend who is a structural engineer. Well chatting with Ben after looking at the building we were looking at one of the Buell projects and I mentioned the issue with the machine shops. Ben has his grandfather’s lathe in his garage and suggested some quality beer time at his place and see if I can make them myself a few blocks away. So there’s the update on the isolator project.

Sorry for the delay.

I thought I would be shipping these last April.

That is awesome that you are taking charge on this project and running with it. Thank you for your hard work and persistance in bringing this project to completion.

Still super interested in the outcome here and appreciate all the hard work CVC!

It's all about durometer (how squishy they are). Poly is more brittle than rubber and fatigues quickly. That was the Achilles heel of past attempts Anything soft enough to match the durometer of the rubber and be an affective vibration damper would also disintegrate quickly.

I don't now anything about molding or vulcanizing rubber, but man I wish we could find an existing bushing in a shell to just press in. Like something from a leaf spring?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast