Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: rebuilt front isolator/ wante bad front isolator

Check out the video of my engine idling last year, you can see how much movement the engine has while operating. That's why I don't think solid and hard bushings are the way to go.

https://youtu.be/ARQGlH3ucMQ

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Still super interested in the outcome here and appreciate all the hard work CVC!

It's all about durometer (how squishy they are). Poly is more brittle than rubber and fatigues quickly. That was the Achilles heel of past attempts Anything soft enough to match the durometer of the rubber and be an affective vibration damper would also disintegrate quickly.

I don't now anything about molding or vulcanizing rubber, but man I wish we could find an existing bushing in a shell to just press in. Like something from a leaf spring?
    Maybe the right lower control arm bushing.

I tried using Moog suspension (I have the old paper catalogs with dimension specs. They were a gift from one of their tech guys. ) there is nothing that would work. The rubber is drastically too hard and there is none dimensionally correct. I spent many hours looking.
    The closest was an upper 1991-95 C or K 3500 hd but it was too short and the ID would have to be opened from 14mm to 16mm and no offset and no window for front/rear vibration
    Last edited by cvc; 09-16-2021 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cvc View Post
    I tried using Moog suspension (I have the old paper catalogs with dimension specs. They were a gift from one of their tech guys. ) there is nothing that would work. The rubber is drastically too hard and there is none dimensionally correct. I spent many hours looking.
    The closest was an upper 1991-95 C or K 3500 hd but it was too short and the ID would have to be opened from 14mm to 16mm and no offset and no window for front/rear vibration
    CVC - have you seen this?

https://hutchinsonai.com/tube-mounts/

Some of those pics look very familiar.

Yeah I have checked pillow block mounts and even contacted two manufacturers but they want to sell 1000 or more pieces at a time for stationery equipment. Or only off the shelf parts. But with some homework the front mount for a Blast or tuber might be available.

New bushings tomorrow. I’ll be assembling an isolator tomorrow and trying it w by the weekend! ! ! !

Quote Originally Posted by cvc View Post
    Yeah I have checked pillow block mounts and even contacted two manufacturers but they want to sell 1000 or more pieces at a time for stationery equipment. Or only off the shelf parts. But with some homework the front mount for a Blast or tuber might be available.

Front isolators are still available from Twin motorcycles for the tubers. There are some aftermarket ones geared towards the BT that could work as well. The Blast uses a similar mount as I can tell.

https://www.twinmotorcycles.nl/websh...mc=1&aid=17441

https://www.ebay.com/itm/12328627232...QaAnykEALw_wcB

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234