Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: rebuilt front isolator/ wante bad front isolator

still waiting on the pucks coming in to deliver to the poly place. I have the first 10 shells made and will be making the tubes Monday night so I should have the first batch by the 20th hopefully sooner. The trip to meet a new grandchild has delayed me but St Paul is slow on the long pucks and I havent seen the new set from a member here yet so .... I will notify all as things unfold

props to ^^this guy^^ for addressing an issue, taking a stance and coming up with a solution!

throwing it out there any interest in color matched pucks to your plastics and if i make them in colors I have black ,blue ,red and yellow plastic so far and if in matching color should the molds be textured like original pucks or smooth like the other body parts, smooth looks best to me but how much interest is out there ?

by the way thanks to the other member letting me model the short frame pucks off his new set they came in yesterday!
    Last edited by cvc; 05-05-2021 at 04:36 AM. Reason: more

My two cents would to do them in black. Colors may look weird, plus you need to be able to match the color of the bike pretty closely or people will bitch that they dont match the body work.

If you do them textured, people will complain that the texture doesnt match. If you intentionally do them smooth, then they you can tell them to put up or shut up.

Well I just got a new tracking number from St Paul my order got mixed up and sent to Australia and has been reshipped UPS to be here monday so all parts should go to the poly manufacturer by Wednesday the 12th so the 20th is optimistic likely two weeks from then so looking at June 1st to have the first set in hand.
    I'm going smooth on the pucks and trying red and black first.
    I want red on my XT to match so if the poly is opaque enough to hold the color to the edges I'll be the guinea pig!

metal supermarket took 8 business days over what they promised but the steel is here and going to machinist this weekend. next week to the poly place :-)

update ................zzzzzz.......... first machinist a FAIL now at a reputable shop that I didn't use in the first place because they said three to four weeks to start on them then one day to get them out. So now they should be back in one more week to go to poly molding.

I have my old front isolator that was just removed from my bike if you're still looking. I was going to save it to try and find a solution for the rubber/

Would be glad to have it. I hope to have replacement isolator bushings soon, as soon as I do I will have some more aggressive riders try them and report back so I can use their feedback to make final changes to the stiffness. So one’s ready to swap out for another would be great.

I have the shells and tubes from the machine shop!!!!!!! Three months and 3.5x the expected cost. I’ll be calling the polyurethane place tomorrow to see how soon I can have the first batch

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast