Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone retro-fitted EBR hand controls (left/right switches, ignition, etc) on XB?

Has anyone retro-fitted EBR hand controls (left/right switches, ignition, etc) on XB?

Looking at these units on eBay sold by LAP:
    Right switch - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Erik-Buell-...A/202185038098
    Left switch - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Erik-Buell-...A/203183181261

Wanting to modernize the controls on the XB. Has anyone done this? What is the process to retrofit?

Thanks in advance!

JP

Pretty sure they are plug and play. The throttle housing works too

Quote Originally Posted by mike lowary View Post
    Pretty sure they are plug and play. The throttle housing works too
    You will likely need EBR throttle cables too. Hopefully they are the correct length.

The ebr cables are pretty short. They didn’t work on my Lightning. Had to retrofit the stock lighting cable. The EBR cables WILL work on a fire bolt

The ebr cables are pretty short. They didn’t work on my Lightning. Had to retrofit the stock lighting cable. The EBR cables WILL work on a fire bolt
    I noticed that when I was considering putting the Firebolt upper clamp on the methbuell.

How did you retrofit the stock lightning cable to fit into the EBR housing? It looks like the weird-o Domino cable housing end pieces that fit into the stock controls are much different than the EBR cable housing ends. I think both setups were made by Domino, but didnt think you could easily swap them.

when you say retrofit stock lightning cables, you mean just reuse the ones that are already installed?

He's saying the left controls are plug n'play, the EBR right controls work too but you'll need the EBR throttle housing as well because its a separate piece on an EBR vs. one unit (switches and throttle) on an XB.
    And you may need to use your stock XB throttle cables in that EBR housing depending on your bars. Mike had an issue and only uses one cable (no pull cable) maybe he can clarify why? I forgot, lol.

One cable looks way better than 2. That’s the only reason I have no return cable. I’m putting full faith in the throttle body return spring

I had to remove quite a bit of material from the stock cable to work in the EBR throttle housing. I also machined a block off plate to run just the one cable.

I was actually planning on using the EBR switchgear on my bike before I looked at motogadget. The ebr stuff looks much nicer than factory Buell stuff to me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast