Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rear shock out!

I'm not 100% sure. I buy the Bosch because they are the easiest to find, good brand rep, and still inexpensive. But I do have a box of lightly used ones from chasing a dropping AFV issue that was 'solved' by a different brand of O2.

Like I said... I'm not 100% sure. Before I blame the part (or brand) First, I need to double check the crossover number myself, then re-install and check the data points. Just an FYI.

Thanks cooter. I just installed the Bosch 12014, $23.99 at NAPA. Called other places, Orielly's or Autozone and they said it was superseded by some other manufacturer and Part #, price was over $120? Have not ran it yet, got side tracked working on my OEM muffler rusting. Did not expect different brands of O2 sensors giving different AFV values? Kind of expect replacing it after 67K miles that it will change the AFV to a higher number? From what I have learned on this forum, the newer sensor should be better at reading oxygen levels causing the system to increase the fuel in the mixture better, preventing a too lean situation that decreases the life of your motor.

Theres no new/old sensor thing, just if yours is old and lazy and you put in a good one, the bike should read the actual data correctly and adjust accordingly.

Really enjoying the better performance with a new O2 sensor, Cool points to Cooter, does this site still do that? Also the new rear shock so far is pretty good, will be doing some 2 up riding tomorrow, so will see how it does then.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12