Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stumbles at speed

I'm suspecting it to be in the fuel pump area after doing some more troubleshooting. Totally agree with you 34nineteen on the advice. The fuel pump is the original and has not been serviced in all of the records on service for the bike. Hopefully will get it running perfectly and then plan to do a Saddlesore on it. Appreciate all the input.
    KB

Question Stumbles at low speed until warms up

My bike miss fires on occasion until it warms up. I'm suspecting spark plugs or intake leak. Does anyone else have experience with this?

Quote Originally Posted by KB 365 View Post
    I have owned my 2006 Buell Ulysses for the past year. On occasion when riding it seems to stumble and jerk at highway speed in top gear. Almost feels like it is slipping or a bucking feeling. Trying to figure out what to look for on finding the culprit of the issue. It has the low seat on it and has 55,xxx miles on it. It has been maintained by the previous owner and has the records from all the service. I had it recently checked for codes at our local HD / Former Buell dealership (No codes appeared). Also had the fork seals replaced. Love the ride, just don't like when it does this bucking issues.

KB 365

Is it coughing through the intake? That's a sign of a lean condition. If you have an intake leak the ECM should compensate for it with factory settings. Step 1 is to check your AFV and then act accordingly. More often then not it's lower than it should be which creates a lean condition. rev-mo.com/efitroubleshoot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12