Thread: Static timing and Ecm spy

Static timing and Ecm spy

Hi All,

I'm just looking to calibrate the static timing on my ulysses, the older version of ecm spy has a screen showing the cam positioning for the front and rear heads using a 1 and a 5.
    I don't know whether I'm being nieve here but I can't find that display page on ecm spy version 02.32.2. and am unsure if I'm looking in the right place.
    The bike is new to me and I'm just looking to check the static timing is correct as its running a little off and I want to rule a timing issue out.

Cheers phill

You could go old school. The procedure is spelled out in the service manual and references the fuel pump activation.

Buellmods.com

A timing light and dwell meter?

Neither of those old man tools shall be needed my brother! No skills are required either.

Today we let the computer blink instructions... and we totally ignore them. Then keep replacing parts until we are lucky enough to guess the right one.
    Then brag about our "skill" (luck) on social media so much that people believe we have a gift of some kind.
    We then capitalize on that popularity to charge people for our guesses, whether they are right or wrong, denounce anyone with an opposing viewpoint, and have a never ending list of excuses why we aren't right more often.

Sigh, sorry for the rant. I was looking over Bubbles shoulder on the FB Buell page. It was so pathetic I had to leave