Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cooter sells a bike

Beautiful car , I don’t know if I would have sold it the second time if it came back. There has been a few i wish I could get back.

Did I read that correctly, you sold Stella ?

Yup. I saw it on offerup. I was going to make some snarky low ball offers. Lol

cvc: Good from far... far from good. Kick ass smile making cruiser with an updated Mopar crate 383 and overdrive but you can see the street from the inside if you look down! Not a keeper, but I know who has it if i change my mind

NJ, ya buddy. Stella and I had been though a ton together but it was time to change her in for a younger, hotter model. I got a super clean low mile '09 SS from Levi in OK and that sealed the deal. Thanks Levi! It still rocks! Stella was very well taken care of and the new couple really appreciate it and the whole Buell thing. He used to own an X-1 and has missed it ever since he sold it. My kinda peeps!

Yeah but an SS off road camping ?????? I guess, if you put the right tires on her, I'm going to miss your escapades with Stella !

I think Stella was really an STT, which is sort of halfway there.

WTF Stella is gone ?????????????????????

For a very short time I had an STT, I didn't think it was anything like an SS which I also had. While not a dirt bike, in my opinion the STT is a very capable off road adventure bike and while it doesn't have the fork travel of a Ully I think it kind of makes up for that in it's weight, he is going to end up really missing Stella !

Time will tell, but so far the SS has been fantastic! I haven't put the TKC-80's on it yet, but maybe I'll do that this weekend, crank up the pre-load and compression and see what she'll do? Theres couple neat fire roads up north, I'm under no illusions about single track hill climbs

So, It's Saturday. The next one. The official 7 day deadline of holding onto a bike that I just want GONE. Again The only reason I'm charging money for it, is because a lifetime of lessons showed me that anything attempted to be given for 'free' is perceived as worth less than that, and therefore impossible to rid yourself of. Oh! nice Ferrari! Free? Really? No thanks.. what wrong with it?? See? Listen to me, I'm always right. Oh crap. I got this thing a decade ago. 'For free'

Theres a giant hot tub story I need to tell, but I digress. Do I blame the bike? the drugs? Vanilla Ice? I know I could keep the stinky $100 bills he handed me and just re-sell the thing to someone else, and I'm SURE there's another story there too, but dang it just needs to LEAVE and what could possibly go wrong?

This pinnacle of 80's style and technology has been sitting in the bed of my El Camino, Josephine Dirté, for a week now as my give-a-**** meter is solidly planted on the zero peg. Tap, tap, tap. Nope. Still zero. Some giant bird left it's digested dinner on the tank and I can't be bothered to give it a swipe with a dry rag, much less the wet end of a hose. Josephine doesn't care its back there, I have the key in it, barely strapped in, and the ramp laying next to it is just begging for even a barely ambitious dirtbag to give the 'possession is 9/10th's' speech to a unamused civil servant.

Small side track, but follow me now as I back track though time to last weeks meeting with this couple, when they both had hair. I had made it a point to tell Meth that this is really just a parts bike, not registered for a decade and if he had ANY intention of putting it on the street he should go to dmv.ca.gov with the vin from the ad, and find out what the registration will cost. I had him take a pic of the Vin, the plate, and the title. Because California wants it's goddamn money, and you sir are gonna pay. Curiosity overcame me the next day and I checked the DMV myself. Well its been out of reg for 10 years BUT happily California only counts fee's and penalties for 3 years, Whew! Wanna guess? For a motorcycle? A $700, 23 year old motorcycle? Just 3 years of fee's? WRONG!

$960

NINE. HUNDRED. AND. SIXTY. ****ING. DOLLARS.

Well, that settles it. He's screwed (and I'm moving to another state).

Back on track and truth be told, I feel a nagging amount of mechanical sympathy (empathy?) for dreams unrealized with this poor turd. I'm one in a long row of disillusioned idiots that thought this was worth a bit more than 'free', and I get to thankfully pass it to another idiot in the line.

4:30PM Saturday
    Meth: "Hey, I can come by tonight or tomorrow, whichever is good for you."
    Me: Ok, tonight
    Meth: "Tomorrow would be better"
    (Sigh)
    Me: Ok, 11am tomorrow, same address. (and that makes it Sunday. Easter Sunday.)

10:52am Easter Sunday
    Meth: "I'm running a little late. I had to wait for my girl. We're a half hour away"
    Me: OK

2:10PM
    Me: It's been 3 hours and you're ****ing up my Easter plans
    (as I give up on them entirely and go get dressed for dinner)

2:52pm
    Meth: "We just arrived! I apologize"

Now, I KNOW what you are screaming right now. I know! I call it 'Student of Human Nature' and you, dear reader, very accurately are calling me a masochist. Semantics aside, I took the razor to my wrist and cruised by the rooftop parking lot just to see if they really showed. Low and behold, they are there and in an actual truck. This should only take a minute (as I dig the razor deeper into my vein).

I get the obligatory apologies that don't matter and I don't need, she's now wearing a Rasta wig, and he's got a neck gaiter thing pulled up over the back of his head, under his hat. Both are bald now and I'm freaking sweating trying not to ask (still nervously holding the razor to my wrist). I answer all the same questions about ill-advisedly getting this junk ****hole of a parts bike to be ridable, I field the question of "should I buy $85/gallon of racing oil for it" with Um, No? You wanna spend over 10% of the total cost of this motorcycle for just 4 quarts of oil? and didn't DARE ask if he looked up the registration cost like I told him too. He has to pick his fingers into the hole of his absent tailgate lever to release the gate, and it promptly falls completely off, spilling some of the massive pile of random **** out of the bed and onto the parking lot. Massive pile of ****. That not only describes whats in the bed, but the truck itself. The one I told him to spend his motorcycle money on to fix. Theres junk wheels, tires, literal trash, a magic carpet, and oddly nice ripe apples, loosely rolling around. Mmmm, truck apples.
    65809354-4834-4791-B982-277552CA8EE7.jpg
    Meth distracts himself from counting the $20 bills he has about five times by saying things like "I really don't like flames"
    Reminder pic:
    FA053577-A9A9-4F5F-A331-D4FCB3C76A7A.jpg
    Not just flames, but massive, everywhere, and Day-Glo. No flames for you? Hmm, you don't say?

He finally gives up counting to 24 and hands them off to his Rasta wig wearing girlfriend who diligently goes to work. Business done, all we need to do is fit a 500lb motorcycle somewhere in this reclamation facility of a vehicle. We? You caught that? Ya I know I am a Student of... aw ****-it. Now, I've loaded a bike or two (or thousand) in my time. Tired, drunk, wrecked, stormy, broken, you name it, and I was all of those things too. It's my mechanical empathy that forced me to help this poor guy. Oh, and he didn't bring a ramp.

But Mister $85 per gallon synthetic racing oil hoity toity moth ****le DID bring a $17 4-pack of Home Depot bottom line ratchet straps to tie this bitch down. Well thank God for foresight. Meth even has the balls to ask "are you sure your ramp will take it?" The one I just unloaded it with!? JESUS of all thats holy CHRIST! You are making me blaspheme on the day he is risen while the candy filled plastic eggs I got from a giant rabbit melt and my beer is getting warm! What in the ever loving **** would you do without my help, you time sucking, life draining, whirlwind of madness, and what in the ninth circle of hell made you both BAAALD?!? (I said on the inside).

On the outside I said "Ya, its cool"

They emptied most of the seagull nest out of the bed, rolled the truck halfway out the driveway, tires in the gutter, Meth's tailgate stayed connected to his truck long enough to support it, and 'we' only smashed one apple. I took that as my get-out opportunity, tossed the ramp in my now thankfully empty truck bed and bailed.

But... curiosity.

I went home, changed, washed my truck, changed back, got gas, hit the ATM, and just HAD to swoop past the shop, just to see... Yep. Still there. Still halfway in the street. He may have heard the Flowmasters from Ol' Josephine, the may have even tried to wave me over, but ya know? He'd already been set on "ignore" for an hour, and my give-a-**** meter still hasn't budged.

Last edited by Cooter; 04-07-2021 at 07:46 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast