Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buell XB12 SCG in 2021 - Problem with 6'1 ?

Buell xb12 scg - Problem with 6'1 ?

Edit: Wrong topic.. my bad..

Dear Buell community,

I'd have the chance to buy a 2009 Buell xb 12 Scg in an absolutely perfect state.

Data:
    Buell xb 12 SCG // 2009
    ~ 4660 miles
    No scratches, dents, bumps..
    The previous owner bought it with 2500 miles 9 years ago as a 50th birthday present for himself.
    Im going to take a look at the bike tomorrow evening.

Heres come the question:
    I know that the scg version was originally made for smaller people, but I've just heard that the landing gear from the scg would exceed the feasible due my height of 6'1 and my weight of 195 lbs.
    The exhaust would also kiss the ground..

Is this true? I can absolutely live with cramps, but I don't really want to spend ~10000 USD for nothing... :/

Kind Regards from Austria/Vienna,
    - Crundyy.

Buell XB12 SCG in 2021 - Problem with 6'1 ?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by crundyy; 03-31-2021 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Not a firebolt..

The fit of an S and SCG is exactly the same for the rider, except for the seat. Your hands and feet will be at the same position. You can fit the S or taller seats to the scg if you like.

The scg suspension is lower. The ride is harsh, the muffler will bottom out on things like curbs or speed bumps. You could swap it to S suspension pretty inexpensively.

The bigger issue is the maintenance. Often, most low mileage bikes have not had any maintenance done to them and a long list is due because of age. The youngest of these bikes is 10 years old.

There is a men and motors review of an S out there by a tall guy and you can see how ridiculous he looks on the tiny bike. Resident forum star “Cooter” is tall and also looks ridiculous, but that’s another story

I would mirror exactly what that guy said ^^^. It is totally able to be done, it will ride hard, and you won't love it nearly as much as a bike that fits you. I'm 6'3", 205lbs and still feel very small on a regular S.

Very true about "low mileage" as well. You pic shows an '08 and up, but still, anything sitting that much for over a decade is going to need some work.

Its a pretty bike though!

Sounds like a handicap

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I'm 6'3", 205lbs and still feel very small

https://www.shutterstock.com/video/c...medium-shot-on

im 6ft3 200lbs. i bought a firebolt and i was afraid it was going to be way to small. however im getting pretty comfy one it in stock trim.

If it’s the bike you want go ride it and if it put a smile From ear to ear... buy it!

I’m 6”2 240lbs and mob a scg. Now I look like a monkey f-ing a football and one is named pigskin... but that’s another story. I’m running a d&d so I will bottom out the suspension before I hit the pipe.

The bike You’re looking at already has some goodies a gunfighter seat and a strange single tip Remus exhaust A plate delete.

If you do buy it really the only things you will really need to do is check the belt for cracks, buy new tires (even though I would just burn them up) Check the battery(would assume it’s new because of sitting) change the oil/ primary and do a tps reset (easy to do with later bikes no software needed)

Now, I did not mention gas just because I’m assuming he said it would start for the $10,000 usd

If for some reason if it has 9yr gas in it depending on how much and how bad it smells. You will have to pull the fuel pump.
    From the looks of the bike I doubt it was. And if so the price would need to come down.

so much for politics

typical/ Any pic of that asshole is political.

Quote Originally Posted by outthere View Post
    typical/ Any pic of that asshole is political.

you fall off the wagon, again? since you're so deeply offended, i'll remove it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast