Thread: Frame / gas tank cover opinions

Frame / gas tank cover opinions

So my bike has the common dent on the right side gas tank. I am looking to order a set of the carbon fiber covers and wanted input if anyone has had them. Any feed back on brands, thoughts, etc I would appreciate it. Primarily because I want to order tank grips and would rather get the covers installed before the grips so I don't waste my money. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TheJmann View Post
    So my bike has the common dent on the right side gas tank. I am looking to order a set of the carbon fiber covers and wanted input if anyone has had them. Any feed back on brands, thoughts, etc I would appreciate it. Primarily because I want to order tank grips and would rather get the covers installed before the grips so I don't waste my money. Thanks!
    is the dent towards the top of the tank where it can be covered by frame pucks? I would look into that option first. Otherwise, frame covers is seem like a decent option to have a flat mating surface for something like a techspec.

Quote Originally Posted by AC_Schnitzel View Post
    is the dent towards the top of the tank where it can be covered by frame pucks? I would look into that option first. Otherwise, frame covers is seem like a decent option to have a flat mating surface for something like a techspec.
    It's exactly where the puck would sit. Plus finding a right puck is near impossible and a puck set is as much as the covers. I have the left puck on lol

20210323_204710.jpg

Pucks,especially for short frames, have been obsolete for a couple of years now. Someone signed up on the board, and asked people to send him pucks, so he could model them and begin aftermarket production. I havent seen him since then, but I'm pretty positive he was able to supply St Paul and Twin with the aftermarket pucks. The original pucks were something like $60 for the pair, the replacement are $200-ish. Every now and again someone pulls the pucks off their bikes to install the carbon side pieces and whatever other knick knacks they can find on Amazon or eBay. Thats actually how I got my last pair. Just be patient and diligent in your search. However your frame may be damaged beyond what a puck can cover.
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 04-02-2021 at 05:05 PM.

I bought a set of carbon covers for the "S" I had. I never actually installed them before I sold it, but they did seem to fit in place very well. If I remember right they were from Ebay, but I cant remember the seller exactly. If that helps at all.

I saw someone modify and install a set in a pretty neat way. He cut them back to line up with one of the body lines instead of using the full cover. I think he matched the line where the seat tank come together. It was also on a 9, so it looked very clean and almost factory against the silver frame.

Thanks for the input guys! Next pay I'll order some! I'm ordering tech spec 4pc tank grips as well. My boney knees hurt after rattling on the tank for a couple hours��