Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beware!

Smile

Woah, what the heck is that?
    Hypercharger = Air Filter on the inside / Intake Dampers "Butter Flies" actuated by a sprung pneumatic diaphragm connected to a vacuum line. Suppose to open and close with increased / decreased vacuum allowing more or less air. Even though there is slots on the base aluminum casting back.

Don't ask me how I know....

There is a vacuum diaphragm under the butterflies to open them as engine vacuum changes. I think they are cool, but the reality is that they suck. Meh, they’re probably as good as any other air cleaner out there, but attached to a lot of hype.

I think they look cool.
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 04-04-2021 at 12:01 AM.

I have a scoop on the ElCo.
    F47C59A8-B50D-4D43-AF9D-EA7FDC2C5A0A.jpg

And you're wrong.

I have a scoop on the ElCo.
    Isn't that air scoop a 20 dollar Dominator?

Thats not a scoop...

This is a scoop!
    Camaro 2020.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    And you're wrong.
    How am I wrong this time?

What bike did you have one on disturbed? My M2 had one on it. I saw the slots on mine and at first thought the OP did it to increase airflow... like when Cooter flips over the air cleaner lid on his El Camino. Nice Dundee reference, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed1 View Post
    Isn't that air scoop a 20 dollar Dominator?
    How DARE you sir! But it should be $20 Hilborn has been casting the same aluminum scoops since the 60's. None of the fiberglass bolt-on malarky for me, it's gotta shake at idle

25 years ago I took my daily (1960 SDV I had traded a Ninja ZX-10 for) to the swap meet and came across one of those pro-stock scoops in white. Took it right back to the shop and self-tap screwed that bitch right top of the hood of the Caddy. At a light, I couldn't see if crosswalks were clear but what a good time! Some dirt bag stole it right off the hood one night

Edit: Found a pic (of a pic) of the caddy! No scoop in the pic, but check out that power antenna with the Jack-in-the-Box ball on it. You could get radio stations from the Moon! Ahh, mem-berries
    Last edited by Cooter; 04-04-2021 at 06:00 PM.

Cooter, you have to be a P.I.M.P. to drive something like that. You must have some serious MOJO. Since all I can imagine is you stepping out looking like snoopdog from the starsky & hutch remake.
    d1136cf30ba1bfa08ee957e3f7b10697.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    How am I wrong this time?
    You're not wrong, just a taste thing. But take that with a block of salt considering my version of 'taste' LOL. I hate them all sticking out sideways on a HD too.

I recently ran across an Instagram pic of a custom where someone had made a slick airbox baseplate and had no upper covers, exposing the filter. Different, not too bad, but I bet the intake noise is ridiculous.
    Couldn't find the pics of the baseplate, but you get the idea.

I dunno, I prefer the smooth lines of a cover, and still want to upgrade the new SS with an EBR hat

Quote Originally Posted by TheJmann View Post
    Cooter, you have to be a P.I.M.P. to drive something like that.
    Someone gave me a massive plastic diamond for the shift ball on the column. So Ya.

I'm 6'3" and could sit in the back, completely stretch out, and barely touch the front bench, Power windows, power WING windows, working A/C, power bench seats, all my bitches love me! We partied in it, camped in it, off-roaded in it, tried to set it on fire on purpose (twice), drove TWELVE drunk chicks from a wedding back to our hotel, dragging muffler all the way down the Vegas strip (that night would make a pimp blush), and STILL couldn't kill it! Dude, that car... sigh...

Ended up selling it to a guy in Venice, and I BET you it's still around. The last thing I see before I pass, will be that massive grill coming at me at full speed, all Christine style

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast