Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crash

Crash

Darn. First track day and I go out and crash. 5th session, tracks getting warm and I get cocky and do a 4th gear lowside. SOB. I just lost the front. I'm sure it wasn't the new tire.

Damage is minor thank goodness. Bodywork can be fixed with duct tape. I have a sparte shifter & footpeg. Bike and myself just slid along the pavement @ 80+. Ground the left side peg/shifter to a nub, bent left clip-on.

Leathers took a beating but saved me from bleeding. A slight burn on my left arm. Helmet didn't touch down. Gloves are in need of repair.

The front didn't feel right all morning. I'm thinking my fork refresh wasn't right. I put in 1kg springs which were 4" shorter than stock so I added a 4" spacer. I could never get the fork travel I did before the change, losing at least 1 1/2". I think my spacer was way to long. I should have paid more attention to the vague feeling I was getting. Usually the 12r gives plenty of front end feedback.

Next track day is on the 12th @ Sonoma. Good thing I have spare leathers & gloves.

Damn man hate to hear that. Glad you are ok though!

Thanks Mike. Bike can be fixed.

Glad to hear you’re ok. Hopefully the bike is an easy fix.

Dang man Been there. Sounds like a loooong slide on asphalt! Glad YOU are ok, and glad the bike will live as well. Sonoma is a beautiful track, hate to miss that so don't let it get in your head. You can't win a track day, but you can definitely lose one
    I have a spare left footpeg and if you want it, I'll send it to you. I know the Firebolts take a weird clip-on tube, I just gave mine away but I know who has it...

^^^^Thanks Cooter for the offer. I have a spare Woodcraft. The bike also has aftermarket clip-ons. Renthal is at the post office awaiting pick-up. Duct tape will fix the bodywork tail section.

Probably one of the easiest 80 mph crashes I've had. Not even a bruise on the old bod. Looking forward to Sonoma.

Quote Originally Posted by outthere View Post
    ^^^^Thanks Cooter for the offer. I have a spare Woodcraft. The bike also has aftermarket clip-ons. Renthal is at the post office awaiting pick-up. Duct tape will fix the bodywork tail section.

Probably one of the easiest 80 mph crashes I've had. Not even a bruise on the old bod. Looking forward to Sonoma.
    Atta boy. Get rite back in that saddle. Let me know if you need anything.

Glad your O.k.

film next crash. love watching them online.

Like the pic Barrett.

I think the repairs are done except for the left side clip-on. I'll pick that up at the post office tomorrow.

Tail patched together with duct tape.

Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast