Darn. First track day and I go out and crash. 5th session, tracks getting warm and I get cocky and do a 4th gear lowside. SOB. I just lost the front. I'm sure it wasn't the new tire.

Damage is minor thank goodness. Bodywork can be fixed with duct tape. I have a sparte shifter & footpeg. Bike and myself just slid along the pavement @ 80+. Ground the left side peg/shifter to a nub, bent left clip-on.

Leathers took a beating but saved me from bleeding. A slight burn on my left arm. Helmet didn't touch down. Gloves are in need of repair.

The front didn't feel right all morning. I'm thinking my fork refresh wasn't right. I put in 1kg springs which were 4" shorter than stock so I added a 4" spacer. I could never get the fork travel I did before the change, losing at least 1 1/2". I think my spacer was way to long. I should have paid more attention to the vague feeling I was getting. Usually the 12r gives plenty of front end feedback.

Next track day is on the 12th @ Sonoma. Good thing I have spare leathers & gloves.