Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Update your XB's handlebar controls!

The EBR switches are completely plug n' play. But leaves you needing a throttle cable solution. Well done, and nice grips

That radial master looks like an EBR unit as well.

Yup from the 1190. The controls were the last things done to it a few years ago I think. It's taken a back burner to my little truck sadly. I really need to get back on the Ss swingarm, did some smoothing and started to add the mount from a short swingarm to it so I wont have to use the shock extender. Then powder coat it.

Following.

I'd be curious to see who you find who will be willing to weld two cast pieces together for a structural point. I'm not saying it can't be done, I just dont think it can be done... but I'm also not a welder and I've been wrong before many many times.

Magnesium Mike is sending me long swingarm, and I already have another short swingarm and I'd love to not have to use the shock extender also.

Sext9 had his done it stock Ss mount cut off and rewelded so he could run without an extender as well. The problem is getting someone that I trust to weld it.

You can weld cast aluminum just fine if you're good (I'm not) and willing to chase possible imperfections. It helps that those pieces are a relatively high quality casting. if you guys need some aerospace quality Heli-arc done, I have a guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    You can weld cast aluminum just fine if you're good (I'm not) and willing to chase possible imperfections. It helps that those pieces are a relatively high quality casting. if you guys need some aerospace quality Heli-arc done, I have a guy.
    Looks like someone may be bringing a swingarm and tab back to Cooterville USA (powered by visitflorida.com)

I got choo, boo

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    There is a place called Rick's Hot Rods down the street from me in El Paso that do custom fuel cells. They do some amazing welding, it's just getting the motivation to get it done...

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Looks like someone may be bringing a swingarm and tab back to Cooterville USA (powered by visitflorida.com)
    I better not see a post about your completed swingarm.

So, I received the Kawasaki throttle housing/switch yesterday. Dammit CoOter, you'd had better be right about this. Per the eBay listing, this fits a 2015 Versys.

Capture.JPG

Well, hot damn.... he was! It doesn't look like it will work at first glance, but it does. I'll try to take some more pics this weekend, but the Buell cables will fit without modification. Another nice little tidbit about the Kawasaki control is that the brake switch wiring is contained in the same sheath that the switch controls are, so its another step towards cleaning up the handle bars.

I've never been a fan of the stock XB controls, so this is a big plus for me.

Its hard to tell, but this is the Kawi unit with the Buell cables installed.

kawi.jpg

Last edited by 34nineteen; 02-10-2022 at 02:35 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast