Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Xb12 shift pawl adjustment

Also, if you do pull the primary to check the pawls, I'd recommend refilling it with HD Formula + for no other reason than to take a variable out of the problem, and give yourself a baseline to work from.

Once you resolve the issue, then go ahead and try the other fluids if you like. Your trans may prefer ATF, AMSOIL, Lucas or some other snake oil and thats great, but lets start by verifying the fluid is factory correct.

Worth a try. It might like the harley oil better

You're right, it may not be the 1-2 dogs. It could be the shift drum, shift forks, or even a worn shift fork rail. All of which need the case to be split to check or repair.

If "the jugs are off already", whats left? You already know theres an issue. You wanna do this again

Well the jugs are already back on and everything torqued. Like I say it's not everytime. I was just wondering if there was am adjustment I could make. If I'm gonna take it down I'm finding a newer tranny assembly an will put that in

Remember the whole thing has to come completely apart and the cases split to get at the transmission on these. There is no trap door.

If you look, you can find lower ends for sale on the cheap. In fact, I am selling a low mile, case/crank/trans for a $150 out of an 04.

Aside from the checks mentioned above, there is not much else. If those don’t resolve it, you probably do have bent forks, etc....
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 04-10-2021 at 05:16 PM.

And congrats on getting the top end back together. It’s not an easy task on an XB.

Sell it to me.. I'd like a spare. Anything wrong with the bottom end?

Yeah the studs and push rod tubes kinda make it difficult. I didn't want to buy the harley tool so I used Allen wrenches to carefully depress the ring gaps at their 90 degree positions. Had another set of hands controlling the jug and the back side of the ring. Just light pressure, doesn't take much to compress them in so I wasn't worried about gouging anything. Took our time, jugs slid right on.

Come get it this weekend and I’ll knock $50 off the price. I really don’t want to have to box/ship it. In fact, I need to get off my arse and get Fielding his scg seat boxed up and shipped out.

Nothing wrong with it that I know of. I just want to reclaim my garage and I’m getting tired of being heckled by Cooter for running a salvage yard without a permit.

I have 2 others in my garage so I really don’t need a 3rd.

For those in the know, this is not the motor from the methbuell. That one has a bad crank.

You're probably not even close to CNY at ya

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast