Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Xb12 shift pawl adjustment

Not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by XB12Steve View Post
    Yeah the studs and push rod tubes kinda make it difficult. I didn't want to buy the harley tool so I used Allen wrenches to carefully depress the ring gaps at their 90 degree positions. Had another set of hands controlling the jug and the back side of the ring. Just light pressure, doesn't take much to compress them in so I wasn't worried about gouging anything. Took our time, jugs slid right on.
    Often times it’s easier to leave the pistons in the cylinders and remove the wrist pins. You just need to remove one of the circlips and the pin should push right out with finger pressure. That’s also the way companies such as Hammer and NRHS would sell their 1250/1275 kits.

Either way, sounds like a job well done. Now to button it all back up.

Did you just rotate the motor or pull the frame completely off?

Frame came off. I didn't wanna wait for new circlips or I would have went that route for sure

But if you could ship that bottom end to me that would be cool. I'd def buy it. Wouldn't have to be a rush either

I’ve found that pulling the whole frame off the motor works best also.

You may want to check out a shipping quote to see if you really want to do this. The shipping price on the seat to North Carolina was hard to get down to $50. The motor weighs substantially more and will go to the next shipping zone. It’s going to easily be over $100. Easy.

There are a few sellers on eBay selling just the transmission for probably the same price or a little less.

I'd be totally fine with 250$ shipped

Quote Originally Posted by XB12Steve View Post
    I'd be totally fine with 250$ shipped
    I'll have to see if I can find a suitable container to ship it in and make sure it is completely drained of oil.

Like I say I'm in no rush for it, but I would like to buy it so I have a spare bottom end in case anything happens to mine. Few weeks, a month or whatever works for you. If you have PayPal can wire you money through that

That other thread reminded me of this... also inspect your primary cover around the clutch for cracking. The thread is on the Lightning side... probably on the top right now...

Until someoene hijacks it with WORTHLESS ADVICE. Probably Cooter. He is a jerk.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast