Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Twisted seat

What do you mean "like this guy". I AM that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    your seat misalignment is actually quite common as these bikes age. knowing your past history on here, you'll want to endlessly argue and question any written assistance and help received. the cause and the solution as follows:

Your plastic seat pan/seat base is "bowed downward" in the middle where it bares the brunt of the riders' weight. simple as that.
    place piece of painters or masking tape on either side of seat directly parallel to where the driver sits.....remove seat....using tape marks as reference and using heat gun(NOT hair dryer or propane torch) move the heat gun around the seat pan area that corresponds to your tape marks. use common sense! heat that specific area...flip seat over and immediately place that heated area atop large wooden block and exert downward pressure on both front and rear seat portions. do this process 2 or 3 times and it will restore the seat pan to original shape and configuration.

let the arguments and nitpicking commence. should be very entertaining.
    I may try this with mine as my seat is kind of "floppy" and tends to come off without any effort. Kind of like an old man's teeth when he forgets to use Fixodent.

Quote Originally Posted by kz6fittycent View Post
    I may try this with mine as my seat is kind of "floppy" and tends to come off without any effort. Kind of like an old man's teeth when he forgets to use Fixodent.
    Did someone remove the hooks? I’ve seen that done on some seats where the PO couldn’t figure out how to get the seat back on.

Thanks guys. I am searching for a heat gun now !
    My father in law might have one, I'll see that this evening.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12