Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New friend

Nice, probably makes the 12s feel like 50cc scooter.

Always been curious about the beast and how it compares. More HP, torque, electronics but how about handling? Love that I can do nearly all my own maintenance on my 04 XB12S. How easy is maintenance?

Quote Originally Posted by mriulvr View Post
    Always been curious about the beast and how it compares. More HP, torque, electronics but how about handling? Love that I can do nearly all my own maintenance on my 04 XB12S. How easy is maintenance?
    When I first rode the SD I felt at home. Familiar V-Twin sensation just a ton more power. It's more roomy, very comfortable. Handling is 10/10, world class suspension and brakes.

I invested in a real axle stand and a front triple tree stand. SS swing arm makes tire swaps cake and chain adjustment is laughably easy. Oil change is dummy proof and you can check levels visually through the glass gauge and there is an ez trick to reset maintenance light.

It has the familiar V-Twin quirks that are easy to spot coming from the Buell, i.e. vibration loosening battery terminals. Honestly the bike has been flawless. And it has phenomenal fuel range. 180-200 miles on a tank is normal.

The SD was the only bike I rode in 2017 that felt as fast as the EBR Sufferin' Succotash, it's quick!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12