Thread: 2008 xb12s rear sprocket bolts

2008 xb12s rear sprocket bolts

Anyone happen to know the official part number for the bolts that hold on the rear sprocket on the rear wheel? I am about to remove the rear sprocket and assume these bolts shouldn't be reused. Thanks fellas.

All though the price seems a bit steep for bolts I located the part number in case anyone else needed it. Seems most places are charging 3 bucks a piece.

AA0609.11CXZB
    Last edited by chelch; 04-15-2021 at 08:01 PM.

The manual says not to re-use them but they are not stretched-to-torque so (IMHO) I feel confident to clean, and blue loctite them back at factory torque. No problems doing that in my whole Buell history.

I'll keep the old ones for spares. I received the new bolts for the rear sprocket and they seem to have a gray material on the bolt already. Assume this is some sort of loctite? Do I need to apply anything else to them before install because the manual says to just install and torque. Thanks.
    signal-2021-04-23-100704.jpg
    Capture 2.PNG

Yes thats loc-tite. Just install as per instructions.

I recently had to do bearing maintenance and removed the sprocket. Per Dr. Internet and Dr. Cooter, I reused my bolts and re-loctited them. properly torque wrenched as well. A few hundred miles so far, no problem. Like Coots McGoots said, they are not torque to yield. I felt pretty confident reusing them.