Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wonderful XB review

Banned

Wonderful XB review

https://www.jpcycles.com/counterstee...xb12r-firebolt

"Latigo Canyon is a tight and twisting snake that winds its way from Malibu’s coastal area into the Santa Monica Mountains. It boasts something like 212 corners in less than 10 miles, so you can imagine that there are plenty of tight turns and not a lot of straightaways. It was here that the XB12R helped me achieve something I didn’t think was possible: I rode the entire road in third gear!"

So far the thing I like the best about 72+mph riding is the lack of a need to downshift to pass. 3rd or 4th gear at no more than 3300 still has plenty of grunt to zip past slower cars or dare I say (dare-dare) LANESPLIT!
    Last edited by VtwinXB12; 04-15-2021 at 07:17 PM.

Latigo is a favorite of Bubbles and mine

Banned
    I'd honestly rather have a Buell XB than a EBR. The XB goes plenty fast and nothing water cooled will EVER compare to the Buell vtwin.

Your opinion makes it obvious that you have never ridden an EBR

Banned
    In addition I have no desire to. EBR lacks the HD soul. I don't give a sh@# about going faster than 150mph...at the most. The XB is perfect IMO. Maybe yours is different...I couldn't give a sh$# less about that either.

while i agree that the xb platform appeals to me more than the ebr stuff i cant say it with as much conviction as vtwinxb12 because ive never ridden one.

Quote Originally Posted by VtwinXB12
    Harley's numerous cancelled models clearly prove all HD is interested in is money, money, money. Erik Buell's last motivation is profit.

Quote Originally Posted by VtwinXB12
    EBR lacks the HD soul.

True!

Quote Originally Posted by evilokc View Post
    while i agree that the xb platform appeals to me more than the ebr stuff i cant say it with as much conviction as vtwinxb12 because ive never ridden one.
    I'm in agreement with you Evil, I've owned a couple of 1125's and while they are superior in every way to an XB, the XB and tube frame Buells really appeal to me. Unfortunately, the 1125 and 1190's just arent my thing.

My 1125's were blistering fast and smooth, I can't imagine what an 1190 would be like.

Did you ever get your bike sorted out?

Quote Originally Posted by evilokc View Post

EBR over-priced out of the gate and sporting technology past its prime. emergency panic-induced price drop first year of production. new still available for $7500 reminds me of end Buell reign of terror price chopping just to unload unwanted dealer inventory. Step child with red fur type of motorcycles. will not recommend!
    I can strongly recommend any BMW, particularly magnificent Boxer-powered GS product line. BMW most popular model line and cherished the world over by well-heeled enthusiasts and serious riders. Combined TeleLever and ParaLever suspension offering unrivaled sublime comfort and handling unmatched.
    Trailer park dwellers and patrons who store bike in yard shed need not apply.

TEABAG

b1 (3).jpg
    GS.jpg

Hey you magnificent bastard, I see one of your Sportsters with a "Buell motor" in the background. I'm afraid to ask what that red car is, as I have a feeling it doesnt have side windows.

I saw some guy riding a XR1200 the other day and pulled along side of him to give him a "thumbs up", but when I saw it was you, I switched to the middle finger.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast