Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Wonderful XB review

Banned
    I assure you its not to derive any worthless knowledge from you or anyone else who disagrees w/ my opinion of what the f/ups at HD did to Erik Buell.

Quote Originally Posted by VtwinXB12 View Post
    I assure you its not to derive any worthless knowledge from you or anyone else who disagrees w/ my opinion
    Well, why not just start your own forum and only allow people who agree with your opinion? You should have just been up front and said you only wanted to hear what you wanted to hear.

You should invite Ken Kaplan to be the moderator.

Heck, if it worked for the flat-earthers, it can work for you too!

A MOMENT IN 1993, IN A LAWYER’S OFFICE IN Wisconsin: Erik Buell sits at his attorney’s desk, with a contract from Harley-Davidson in front of him that will terminate the then-current Buell Motor Corporation while creating a new entity, the Buell Motorcycle Company.

In many ways, this is a fulfillment of Erik Buell’s dream: He will finally have the resources to create the American motorcycles he has passionately, fervidly wanted to make. But his attorney sits there urging that he not sign the contract: “It amounts to indentured servitude,” he says. “You’re putting yourself in bondage if you sign this contract.”

In exchange, Harley-Davidson would inject just $500,000 in capital for 49 percent of the company and take Erik's house as security in case the investment goes bad. "If you insist on signing this," his attorney warns, "you have to sign a letter saying this law firm has most strongly advised against such action." Erik eventually signs both.
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 04-26-2021 at 06:45 PM.

Banned
    And that proves what? Nothing. Another poor decision by HD in a 20yr+ string of bad decisions. As Erik said himself "Any motorcycle model that sells 10,000 units/yr is doing great. In 2009 we sold over 15,000. HD's decision to pull the plug on us made no sense. Along w/ buying Briggs & Stratton, then reducing production by over 50% of both plants". HD is headed straight down. The cutting of BUELL is just symptomatic of the problem.

Along w/ buying Briggs & Stratton, then reducing production by over 50% of both plants".
    Are you saying that Harley bought Briggs and Stratton?

I think you are mixing them up with a similar lawnmower company, MV Agusta.

https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/new...a-castiglioni/
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 04-26-2021 at 11:23 PM.

Banned
    No HD is in a partnership with B & S. It bought the BUELL plant then leased it to Brigs.

https://www.hotbikeweb.com/harley-da...r-motor-runnin

Dude. Still almost 10 YEARS ago, when you were starting high school.

Keep up.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/money...on/5473165002/

Banned
    Oh...I thought your pointless point was that HD had NO connection w/ Brigs? Now its the date..or has that changed since I provided facts you were wrong? Regardless its just as I stated earlier....Another bad decision by HD in a LOOOOOOOONG line of bad decisions...like canning BUELL when it could've immensely helped it and that final year's 15,000 motorcycles sold could've been 20,000 the next year as BUELL kept improving year after year after year...very much UNlike HD who is scrambling to rebake old XR750 cafe racer idea from 30+yrs ago in a rapidly shrinking market.

I wonder what the the next pointless point will be in yet another stupid attempt to prove me wrong in my conclusion that BUELL, particularly the XB was one of the if not THE best motorcycle HD ever made. Why the hell is this even being discussed? Oh wait...this actually is a BUELL XB forum...I forgot in my dip**** attempt to prove someone wrong whose clearly right.
    Last edited by VtwinXB12; 04-27-2021 at 12:56 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BuellyBagger View Post
    Why is this jerkoff still here? Unsubscribe
    Wow what a comeback. Out of pointless points? Go ahead try & prove me wrong about how idiotically HD is being driven into bankruptcy by idiots who don't even ride. The overall lesson here is NO ONE in the motorcycle business needs to pay themselves millions of dollars/yr regardless of sales. HD stockholders need to mount up & go to Milwaukee and toss these idiots on on they're asses, rehire Erik Buell and restart. If they don't do something their headed for bankruptcy. Motorcycles are not two wheeled cars. Their about individual freedom NOT how much money can we make (33%) off of crap merchandise, living off technology thats 40yrs out of date. BUELL could've brought HD into the modern sportbike era but they called the XB a "toy" and screwed Erik Buell over...now economic evolution is screwing HD over. Poetic justice.
    Last edited by VtwinXB12; 04-27-2021 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VtwinXB12
    Along w/ buying Briggs & Stratton
    No HD is in a partnership with B & S.
    Oh.... I see now. Buying a company is the same as just being in a partnership (at least in your opinion).

Oh...I thought your pointless point was that HD had NO connection w/ Brigs?
    Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen
    Are you saying that Harley bought Briggs and Stratton?

I never said HD had no connection to Briggs. I asked about HD buying Briggs and Stratton, which I knew wasnt the case.

It bought the BUELL plant then leased it to Brigs.
    If Harley owned Buell, then why would it need to buy the Buell plant?

The only mention of Briggs and Stratton in that article is below, nothing about "buying or selling it to Buell" .

From the article:

Which brings us to the birth of the Pilgrim Road digs. Located in Menomonee Falls, Milwaukee, the Pilgrim Road facility was sired in 1979 by the small-engine manufacturer, Briggs & Stratton, another historic Milwaukee company. Harley-Davidson bought the 850,000 square foot building (the same area as 15 football fields) from Briggs in 1996.

Are you just making this stuff up as you go along??

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast