Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: New isolators

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    You may have a problem.

Attachment 15741

Attachment 15742

The casting and bushing are definitely different.
    Yes the 04 Firebolt I got in pieces has the earlier design all the newer replacements look like the one on the right. The bushings are goin to fit the later style. I was aware of the two kinds but the later ones are “fixable” where the oval ones would have to be cast in place.

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    I tried getting someone to send me the housing before you set off on your quest for the grail. I had a pretty easy repair method that people could have done on there own, at home for way less than $100 bucks but I couldn't get one to test it on. So since I didn't need one and nothing to test it on, it went by the wayside.
    I thought of the pour your own bushings like the YouTube make your own polyurethane motor mount but the windows and the snubber that allow the engine to rock front to rear would be nearly impossible to align without an elaborate jig and mold. So making the bushings then pressing it in looked like a better option. The early design ( cast in place) vs the newer ones. Manufacturer seems to have reached the same conclusion.

Yes in a word you can have yours back. I am going to pull a mold of the outside and get them back to you soon. I was looking at Mike Lowary’s carbon and kevlar fender and had an idea for the pucks , it wasn’t a good one but led to a possibility how about a embossed pegasus starting with the leading edge of the puck and the wing leading back like tank grippers ?

I do like the idea of a subtle pegasus to set yours apart, but I think extended wings would be too much. The big tank/frame element is a defining feature of our Buells, and making that section too complicated would detract from things.

Be careful with that logo. I've read (and posted on here), that Buell is taking actions to protect their intellectual property. I'd hate to see you on the opposite end of a lawsuit, if it can be avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by cvc View Post
    Yes the 04 Firebolt I got in pieces has the earlier design all the newer replacements look like the one on the right. The bushings are goin to fit the later style. I was aware of the two kinds but the later ones are “fixable” where the oval ones would have to be cast in place.
    Ok, glad to hear you've already crossed that bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Be careful with that logo. I've read (and posted on here), that Buell is taking actions to protect their intellectual property. I'd hate to see you on the opposite end of a lawsuit, if it can be avoided.
    Yeah, that's a good point - don't want that kind of attention at all.

There are bigger fish to fry than me. If I put a pegasus in the pucks that they are not going to be making or having available to “their” customers I don’t think that any suit would be in their benefit. So if it works I’m going to try it.
    Also any free advertising for the reintroduction of Buell motorcycles would benefit the new company. Keep in mind the new owners are not Harley Davidson. They need brand recognition if they are going to succeed.

I would get a cease and desist order first and then I could ask for permission and state my reasons as above.

Quote Originally Posted by cvc View Post
    I would get a cease and desist order first and then I could ask for permission and state my reasons as above.
    Thats exactly right. They ask nicely at least once. I had a good friend that worked for Mattel and her job all day/ every day, was to send those letters out. Mostly to China. She said they only got about a 5% return message, and didn't move forward on any of them but maybe twice a year for the most egregious of offenders. Wanna buy my collection of G.I. Moes?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast