Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: New isolators

So, how is the new isolator working?

Got busy with work so currently stalled looking for three or four worn out second design isolators

Progress report.
    the polyurethane place didn’t follow directions so screwed up a couple and I have been busy with other things but I will get on it as the season is soon upon us to ride in most of the country.
    I ordered chemicals and I am picking up some mold making supplies so I can cast the next few myself and get some sent to guys who do track days to test and see how harsh the solid bushings are. Vs ones with the fore and aft windows to allow some movement. The solids are softer material than the ones I am casting myself with the factory style gaps in the material.

Also the puck project has stalled as well since the polyurethane place failed/ pissed me off charging near double what I was quoted AND not making them as instructed. So if I get busy on pucks it will be all me to mold and pour. I don’t have any experience coloring the chemicals to make them in colors so when I do try I’ll start in black or light grey and use a paintable polyurethane to match the color.

Quote Originally Posted by cvc View Post
    Progress report.
    the polyurethane place didn’t follow directions so screwed up a couple and I have been busy with other things but I will get on it as the season is soon upon us to ride in most of the country.
    I ordered chemicals and I am picking up some mold making supplies so I can cast the next few myself and get some sent to guys who do track days to test and see how harsh the solid bushings are. Vs ones with the fore and aft windows to allow some movement. The solids are softer material than the ones I am casting myself with the factory style gaps in the material.

Also the puck project has stalled as well since the polyurethane place failed/ pissed me off charging near double what I was quoted AND not making them as instructed. So if I get busy on pucks it will be all me to mold and pour. I don’t have any experience coloring the chemicals to make them in colors so when I do try I’ll start in black or light grey and use a paintable polyurethane to match the color.

Its amazing how something seemingly simple such as an isolator can go that sideways. LOL.

Welcome to my world.

I make molds and cast urethane parts at the shop on a regular basis. If there is anything I can do to help let me know.

Pm sent and I see Ohio so disregard that line. But for all to know I have a couple Iam not satisfied with but I have high hopes for the newest try and with a little bit of help on this project I will get it done finally.

Hey thanks for the support on this i received some old isolators and The first one went out yesterday to try out for harshness and vibration. Kz6fiftycent went to the Dragon and it ate his isolator so he is going to install and try the new one out!
    Thanks for being patient. I will get this done and done right even if a little slow.

Even my special education teacher said so if you keep trying someday you’ll get it.

I look forward to helping with this effort - It's gonna help a lot of Buell owners.

I guess I’m too picky the deed is done!!

Kz6fittycent has one installed on his bike and will share here what he thinks of it and I now have to get my fixtures mad so i can make more than one at a time!

“A man installs a new isolator…”

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast