Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New isolators

Heres an interesting and not very scientific explanation of the type of vibrations the HD V-twin has. It explains to me why the bushing in that isolator isn't solid. The OE bushing has rubber fore/aft but open on the sides. Saw this vid and the light went on!

The reality with the front isolators is HD isnt doing anymore. They sold off the last of those to VPI who has 44 left.

Typical of the Buell community, most will not be insightful enough to purchase one before they are all gone and then cry the blues about how the world is unfair, HD screwed Erik, etc. At that point CVC will be the source for replacements. Regardless of whether it costs him $10 or $100 to make one, he will basically be able to charge what he pleases, because when these wear out, parts will start to break quickly, and when they fail the bike will be unrideable. If no one makes a replacement, its only a matter of time before all of the remaining bikes become paperweights. Thank you to CVC for undertaking this.

Had a friend just buy a 1940 Crosley truck. Not a paperweight. A small amount of ingenuity is required when you like the odd stuff. See Cuba.

Frankly, I'm more worried about the looming 2035 electric vehicle malarky and the inevitable ICE taxes/fee's/fines because you are ruining the environment now you gas burning heathen!

Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 8.39.20 PM.png

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Had a friend just buy a 1940 Crosley truck. Not a paperweight. A small amount of ingenuity is required when you like the odd stuff. See Cuba.

Frankly, I'm more worried about the looming 2035 electric vehicle malarky and the inevitable ICE taxes/fee's/fines because you are ruining the environment now you gas burning heathen!

Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 8.39.20 PM.png
    nice watch on the Harley

When i saw GM wont be building any gasoline vehicles in 2035 first thing went through my head was WTF!! I wrench on stuff and solve problems because I was always facinated by the sounds of engines the heat the fire, Hell I traveled all over the country as a Biolermaker for years because I could catch stuff on fire. the enviornment might like the demise of internal combustion but I hope it lasts as long as I do.

Quote Originally Posted by cvc View Post
    When i saw GM wont be building any gasoline vehicles in 2035 first thing went through my head was WTF!! The environment might like the demise of internal combustion but I hope it lasts as long as I do.
    Amen brother! Why leave perfectly good crude in the ground. Let's use it up first! There will be plenty of cheap Teslas available to jump into by then. The irony is, even when we no longer need gas for vehicles, we'd no doubt be selling it to other countries, so they can continue polluting the planet.:roll eyes: The addiction will be a hard one to break for us boomers.

Sorry I do have to say I don’t know yet The machine shop setting up to be able to make the inner sleve and outer shells on a CNC lathe has not given me any pricing yet but I was referred to him by an automotive machine shop that I have used since 1993. So I trust that what I am charged is going to be fair. The material cost for steel and aluminum for each is only about $ 2.25 for the steel and oddly less at $2.00 for aluminum the polyurethane is more priced by the labor and set up and yet to be determined when I drop off the hard parts. So once I get to the poly place and I get the machine shop bill I will know and post on here. Im hoping to keep under $100 and if I can’t then this may have been a colossal waste of time. So I am going to wait an see. For something that looks so simple finding the right size tube to have the right ID and then special ordering it and finding the right interference fit to machine the od of the shells and then even with those made and delivered the deflection sag and vibration damping still needs to be tested on a few bikes so it has cost a lot of my time and the investment of $ is still to me an unknown.

So wish me luck if all goes well I won’t have much longer to wait!
    Thank you for this, looking forward to purchasing one when available.

Not a dead thread yet. I have Monday off so between a developer's pack to go through a visit to the dentist and an x-ray of my hand I should have time to pester to polyurethane place and see how the first bushings are coming along.

a visit to the dentist and an x-ray of my hand
    Did you punch yourself in the face? I can usually get CoOter to do that for $5 after a few beers.

I have a buddy that is a dentist so I’ll use Mike. I didn’t get to see the polyurethane place but I will call in the morning.

My dad is a TV repair man. He has an awesome set of tools

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast