Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New isolators

New isolators

The isolator project is moving forward. The shells are designed and tested and going to get the first ones cast with polyurethane by the end of the month.

this started here https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...front-isolator so for more on this if interested I don't wand to retype everything cause I suck at typing.

I've got one to experiment on

I don’t need any more at the moment but thanks for the offer. If anything goes sideways I’ll get in touch. I am also looking at frame pucks in polyurethane for both XB frames in color to match the plastics I have red and blue to start with and if anyone has orange yellow or translucent in any color that are trashed or broken or even just pieces big enough for me to get the tint right please reach out.
    Last edited by cvc; 04-16-2021 at 07:14 AM.

I was just thinking about this the other. That is awesome. Keep up the great work.

Psyched for this, thanks for taking it on! This is one of those parts I know I'll grab for a spare since it's a matter of when, not if.

first machinist failed and the parts are at a more reputable shop. I'm hoping to send out to poly place by the end of next week. then send out the promised ones to have them evaluate and review how the bike feels and then adjust hardness or start a production run.

How much are these gonna run? Rough estimate an don't say oh Idk. You got to have an idea of how much they'll be

Sorry I do have to say I don’t know yet The machine shop setting up to be able to make the inner sleve and outer shells on a CNC lathe has not given me any pricing yet but I was referred to him by an automotive machine shop that I have used since 1993. So I trust that what I am charged is going to be fair. The material cost for steel and aluminum for each is only about $ 2.25 for the steel and oddly less at $2.00 for aluminum the polyurethane is more priced by the labor and set up and yet to be determined when I drop off the hard parts. So once I get to the poly place and I get the machine shop bill I will know and post on here. Im hoping to keep under $100 and if I can’t then this may have been a colossal waste of time. So I am going to wait an see. For something that looks so simple finding the right size tube to have the right ID and then special ordering it and finding the right interference fit to machine the od of the shells and then even with those made and delivered the deflection sag and vibration damping still needs to be tested on a few bikes so it has cost a lot of my time and the investment of $ is still to me an unknown.

So wish me luck if all goes well I won’t have much longer to wait!

Quote Originally Posted by XB12Steve View Post
    How much are these gonna run? Rough estimate an don't say oh Idk. You got to have an idea of how much they'll be

CVC is a top man with proven impeccable integrity. He's been kind enough to take on this project, simply in the hopes of eventually being able to supply Board Members with an obsolete part. I'm confident he'll try and keep the price ALAP.
    You, on the other hand, are an argumentative asshole.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast