Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: New isolators

Hey all,

Cv was kind enough to provide me with a prototype of the new polyurethane mount.

Firstly, it has a factory fit. The installation was not all that different than what you'd expect if installing a branded Buell unit.

Once I got it bolted on, I went for a ride. As anyone might expect, it does send a few more vibes into the bike. However, they don't bother me - others may feel differently.

The riding experience is improved by increasing frame-to-engine rigidity, thus improving shifts, rider feedback, and reduced vagueness in cornering.

In short, I like it.

This isn't a review video, just a video showcasing the isolator:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or13uhm9NmU

Very intriguing can wait to hear more, as this progresses.

1ED00010-7C29-420E-9693-0DDEDA05CB76.jpg
    The first parts are actually ready and I’m going to try to get the next batch together Sunday price has been a little bit difficult to figure out but I did it because I thought I could. So if I can sell ten a year for the next 5 years at $120 shipped in the US of A I should break even.

Overseas shipping costs will be higher but should not be too bad the new insert weighs about 8oz.
    DF7ED511-6337-48C8-A64E-10E5032E3508.jpg
    Last edited by cvc; 04-07-2023 at 10:33 AM.

Still looking for some more “bad” isolators so I can offer them already assembled on an exchange basis for those who don’t want to remove the old insert and press the new one in. The outer shell of the new bushing is .003 to .006 interference fit so it will need to be pressed in. The old one out is not too bad and I started with a good used one the worse it is will probably make it easier to remove.

These are for the second design only.

The bracket must look like the ones pictured.

The earlier version has an oval space an the bushings are cast in place instead of pressed in.
    I haven’t tried to see if i can rebuild them. It would take a jig and new mold to re cast in place and the replacement complete isolators by 2008 for all DB models was the second design.

Here is a link to the pics I posted showing the old vs newer design. I believe the ones on the left are the ones that will not work with your fix.

https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...l=1#post631345

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456