Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Finally for the XB today

The service manual say to rotate the fan housing clockwise to remove. They forgot to mention that you had to do this while having 11 cents change in your pocket, humming the first 3 lines of the star spangled banner, holding your right foot in the air and timing it to coincide with sacred monkeys giving birth in Nepal. I finally timed it correctly with the monkeys.

It comes out from the bottom. Remove the shock.

Yeah, had the shock out. Getting the rotation started was the problem. Once I got it to start rotating it wasn’t bad. Not sure what my problem was at first.

It takes two hands. Hard to do if you are unwilling to set down your beer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0U70ehCTm8

No, the problem is more along the lines of my coordination skills being like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQRsArUfywc

Quote Originally Posted by Boaski View Post
    No, the problem is more along the lines of my coordination skills being like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQRsArUfywc
    I like this Boat Ski guy. Lol

Someone HATES these cans!!

That movie can never be made again

The fan went back in much easier than it came out. Thanks for the tips and other posts on that topic. It ended up much easier than I thought it would be.

The front brake is working great after the master cylinder and caliper clean and rebuild. The weird part is everything feels smooth but I can hear a “buzz” from the master cylinder while braking. It is speed dependent, so it makes me think there is a slight warp in the rotor but I sure can’t feel it while braking.

Quote Originally Posted by Boaski View Post
    The fan went back in much easier than it came out. Thanks for the tips and other posts on that topic. It ended up much easier than I thought it would be.

The front brake is working great after the master cylinder and caliper clean and rebuild. The weird part is everything feels smooth but I can hear a “buzz” from the master cylinder while braking. It is speed dependent, so it makes me think there is a slight warp in the rotor but I sure can’t feel it while braking.
    Boat Ski,

Sort of a low frequency buzz/hum? I think that sound is just one that some of them make. I’ve had some that have made the sound and others not. My assumption is that it’s is air getting trapped in the vent holes. Usually if it’s a warp in the rotor, you can feel it in the lever or front end. If you haven’t done so yet, removing the rotor and cleaning/deburring of the hardware is recommended. Especially if it’s the stock “floating setup”. Some of the peeps on here convert to the EBR setup, but I think the stock setup works fine if it’s maintained.
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 05-09-2021 at 03:07 AM.

If its a pulsing at wheel RPM, warped rotor (replace), stuck hardware(R&R/clean/lube, or replace with racing hardware kit), uneven brake pd deposits (clean and re-bed the pads)

If it's more like a buzzing, sometimes the vented rotor were in a way that you can hear and even slightly feel the buzzing of the vents being squeezed by the brake caliper.
    Mine old one did, my new one doesn't, Bubbles does.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast