Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Finally for the XB today

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    What'ed he say ?
    I'm going straight to a full disadulation for you, sir!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClY_XjoiYXc

[QUOTE=Barrett;629241]Aaron: exceptional performance and exacting "run-down" of the board disciplinary procedures, on your part. keep a watchful eye, please. any future significant misnomers by this BoatSki individual and he might qualify for....................................

No need for name calling. It's Boaski, like this:
    1970 Boa Ski Brochure.jpg

Not Boat Ski
    skiing.jpg

In the vintage snowmobile group I'm part of we have the traveling "Helmet of Shame" given out for similar infractions.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    Aaron: exceptional performance and exacting "run-down" of the board disciplinary procedures, on your part. keep a watchful eye, please. any future significant misnomers by this BoatSki individual and he might qualify for....................................
    Quote Originally Posted by Boaski View Post
    No need for name calling. It's Boaski, like this:
    1970 Boa Ski Brochure.jpg

Not Boat Ski
    skiing.jpg

In the vintage snowmobile group I'm part of we have the traveling "Helmet of Shame" given out for similar infractions.

Haha. Thats awesome! I wouldnt have guessed there was a vintage snowmobile group.... but then again there is a forum about bananas also. Yes, bananas. I am still on the search for a Gros Michel (aka Bike Mike).

The boat ski pic looks a lot like me back in '99 when I decided to try out wakeboarding. I think I drank about half of Lake Havasu learning. This board wound up being my saviour, as opposed to the really skinny board I started with.

Last edited by 34nineteen; 04-30-2021 at 03:54 PM.

Yeah, vintage and antique snowmobiles are a big deal in parts of the northern US & Canada. It's my main hobby and source of "barn filler".

A great day with vintage sleds is when you leave AND return a sled to the barn or trailer under its own power.

I made a couple short loops and put about 50 miles on the XB today. Bike ran well. I only had it hang at 2K rpm once. I'll try logging with the ECMdroid and see what it shows.

I also found out the cooling fan isn't coming on. I did get it to run a week or two ago by forcing it on but it sounded pretty rough. Has anyone tried one of these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009OBP182...v_ov_lig_dp_it

All in all very happy with the bike, it should be a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Boaski View Post
    I made a couple short loops and put about 50 miles on the XB today. Bike ran well. I only had it hang at 2K rpm once. I'll try logging with the ECMdroid and see what it shows.

I also found out the cooling fan isn't coming on. I did get it to run a week or two ago by forcing it on but it sounded pretty rough. Has anyone tried one of these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009OBP182...v_ov_lig_dp_it

All in all very happy with the bike, it should be a lot of fun.
    Dont forget to chase down the reason why its not turning on. It should turn on after you shut down after it fully warms up during a ride.

Using ECMDroid with a Bluetooth dongle, under ECM Parameters, you can see what temps the fan is set to turn on or off. There are separate settings for key on and key off, as well as timed limits.

If the fan isn't coming on, it could be an issue, or it could just be below the "on" temp. If you are concerned your air cooled V-win is getting super hot, you can read engine temp through "live data", and test the fan with "active tests".

A couple nights ago when I noticed the fan wasn't coming on I checked the fan settings in the ECM Parameters. It was still at a temperature that it should have been running, but it wasn't. I tried turning it on using the active tests. It wouldn't come on then either.

Last night I ran through the fan test flow chart as best I could without a breakout box. Here's what I've determined:
    - The fuse is good
    - I have voltage at the 97A connector. That connector is quite the pain in the butt to get unplugged!
    - I have continuity between pin 6 and the 97A connector
    - I have continuity between the fan fuse block contact point and the 97A connector.
    - The fan did not run when it was plugged in at the 97A connector and I jumped from pin 6 on the grey connector to ground.

I do know the fan ran once about week ago when I did the ECM Droid fan test. It ran but it sounded rough.

I have a fan coming from amazon.

Thanks for the input.

Well then, you have your answer Like Barrett said, theres step-by-step and pics to help you swap the housing.

FYI if the old fan is wet with oil, a leaky rocker box gasket will saturate and kill a fan in short order. ("Short"! get it!?!? That a PUUUUUNNNNNNNN!!!!!) Thank you thank you

I think I’m showing my advanced age: could someone give me a link to the thread showing how to get my old fan out? I must be searching for the wrong thing.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast