Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: To Re-Buell or Not to Re-Buell, that is not the question

Sweet ride man! Looks like the only thing missing is U.

Baaaaaahahahaha! Me funny big Ha yes time!

Tequila City with vacation home in Bourbonville
    No airbox cracks. I'll dig around on this mythical anti Crack kit you mention.
    Stock turn signals have a bad case if ED. Have replacements for front as well.
    Would the logo stickers stick in our AZ heat? I lost an e in my first spin around town. Lol

If you can't find the translucent plastics sleeve kit, a shouldered bolt/washer works perfectly. The shoulder needs to be a little longer than stock which is good and easy to find at a decent hardware store, Grainger, McMaster-Carr, Fastenal. The point is to be able to tighten the bolt without clamping the brittle plastics

I have some new OE signals still in the box from ASB if you need them.

Yup stickers stick, even on the hot plate you call a home. Must have been installed on wax or grease to fall off like that! It would do you good to compound, polish the plastics first, which will also strip any wax off, then install the stickers and wax the whole thing. Don't forget to wax the inside too! It will keep them much cleaner much longer.

Don't forget to stock the beer fridge

I tilt a bourbon in your general direction Cooter.
    Will sort out the the bolts. Hang tight on the blinkers. Let me sort out if these aftermarket are up to snuff.
    I've got to get the new belt, tires and rside scoop on, and the beer fridge replentished.

I accept your tilt good sir, and send a nod of respect.

How bad are the turn signals sagging? I may want them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    If you can't find the translucent plastics sleeve kit, a shouldered bolt/washer works perfectly. The shoulder needs to be a little longer than stock which is good and easy to find at a decent hardware store, Grainger, McMaster-Carr, Fastenal. The point is to be able to tighten the bolt without clamping the brittle plastics

I have some new OE signals still in the box from ASB if you need them.

Yup stickers stick, even on the hot plate you call a home. Must have been installed on wax or grease to fall off like that! It would do you good to compound, polish the plastics first, which will also strip any wax off, then install the stickers and wax the whole thing. Don't forget to wax the inside too! It will keep them much cleaner much longer.

Don't forget to stock the beer fridge
    Are the signals front or rear? I will buy them if Tommy Tequila doesn’t!

Got a full set of used and brand new
    Technically they're Bubbles so you gotta smoose da boss

Dang. Looks like Ole 34 has a thang for turn signals. Ill sort out my extra blinker situational and let you know. Changed engine, tyranny and oil filter today. Minor particle dust on engine drain plug with small amount of grit on tranny drain plug - nothing note worthy. None of the how-to instructions warned not to grab the exhaust near the header when removing the chin fairing.
    Drive chain had 3/8 to 1/2 hard finger push through observation port in neutral.
    Overall Cherry Ann seems to have led the life of a little princess. Not sure she's ever seen rain.

You definitely want the fresh tyranny in there Small note to check the primary chain in several places and set the spec on the tightest part. It's much better to be loose than even slightly tight (opposite of my Tinder filter). Hope your hand is ok!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast