Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: To Re-Buell or Not to Re-Buell, that is not the question

Fair enough. Actually I bought the same bike from a guy in surprise. I pulled the gold wheels and put the red wheels from my other XB on it before I sold it. I like the gold wheels.

7C8B3DEC-D362-464D-8312-E92CE46EF01B.jpeg

If you like the dark red color from the later model bikes with the translucent red body parts. I have an extra rear one in my garage.

I think me and that lowary guy are the only rabid wrenchers. Most are smarter than us and actually ride their bikes. Actually magnesium Mike is breaking in his new 1170 motor, while I’m still waiting to get my parts back from powdercoating.

I don’t blame you for not wanting to wrench on it a lot, and I dig the analogy

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    damn you too Cooter! You are not helping!
    Oh man those are the colors too... and just 500 miles?? So... here's a weird thing. Just go see it. Walk up behind it and put your hands behind the seat, on the curve of the bronze fairings. Close your eyes. Yup. It CAN'T be a coincidence, right?!? Damn I-Talians.

I feel so sad that so far she's lived a life, so completely ignored. I'll be honest. They check the sexy box, the fun to ride fast or slow box, the exclusive box, and even the dependable box (against pre-conceived notions), but if you knock her over parts are not cheap, or available quickly state-side.

But thats exactly WHY you want it. Next time we meet up for beers, your chest hair will be tangled up in some gold plated Saint something-or-other.

Quote Originally Posted by FementedAgave View Post
    chances of keeping a 20 year old ride going are as likely as keeping a 20 year old mistress happy.
    So good ^^^^^

Some are fragile and need a lot of attention, a specific diet, care, costly, and will show you a good time. But only you are nice to them.

Others, just want to be yanked out of their home, spanked, fed whatevers on special, and then shoved back where they came from, all hot and dripping.
    Buell. Thats my kinda girl

Tequila City with vacation home in Bourbonville
    Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Fair enough. Actually I bought the same bike from a guy in surprise. I pulled the gold wheels and put the red wheels from my other XB on it before I sold it. I like the gold wheels.

7C8B3DEC-D362-464D-8312-E92CE46EF01B.jpeg

If you like the dark red color from the later model bikes with the translucent red body parts. I have an extra rear one in my garage.

I think me and that lowary guy are the only rabid wrenchers. Most are smarter than us and actually ride their bikes. Actually magnesium Mike is breaking in his new 1170 motor, while I’m still waiting to get my parts back from powdercoating.

I don’t blame you for not wanting to wrench on it a lot, and I dig the analogy
    I am partial to the Orange/Red - I actually have tank, fender and chin (no windscreen) if/when I find that beautiful gem of a bike I'm looking for. If I end up turning another direction, I'll make you an amazing deal on all my bits and pieces since your an awesome fellow and Phoenix.

My search is over!
    Get a 2fer out of this kit:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_N_AwBnjq4&t=213s

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Turns out this beauty showed up in my driveway this weekend
    Cherry Ann just off the Trailer.jpg

Awwwww Yeaaaah !!
    Jack-O-Lantern
    2006 Buell XBRS LightningBolt
    http://www.buellxb.com/forum/album.php?albumid=129

She's a beaut!

Quote Originally Posted by FementedAgave View Post
    Turns out this beauty showed up in my driveway this weekend
    Cherry Ann just off the Trailer.jpg
    Thats a good looking bike. Looks like it was well maintained also. You can still get the replacement tank logos from St. Paul. Make sure the airbox has this kit on it to prevent cracking around the holes. The translucent ones were bad for that, and they are next to impossible to find without selling a kidney. It looks like someone put late model turn signals on the rear???

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast