Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Searching for XB lightning

Quote Originally Posted by BuellyBagger View Post
    Ope yea I c the spring now. Hmmm maybe I should buy it?
    Doesnt that swingarm look really long though? I cant tell from the pics if its yellow or white, but the early Ss bikes have a white spring.

edit: never mind, I saw the other pics and the fork is definitely Scg. Can I switch my vote?

Quote Originally Posted by Ktlincoln View Post
    My 05 SCG is still available. Send me a message. Lots of extras, custom tune. 86hp and 94ftlbs to the wheel. Looking for $4,000 OBO with all take offs.
    Sent u a message

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    There just "might" be a really nice Gold/Black 2006 XB12Scg for sale in Los Angeles. 3-bearing rear wheel, Drummer, CRG levers, New fuel pump assembly, and everything.
    Someone wants a Firebolt
    There also "might" be a really crappy Gold/Black 2006 XB12Scg for sale in Phoenix. Blown motor, taken apart, lots of extra parts including a 2 bearing rear wheel and NOS OE black levers in the box and everything.

Someone wants his garage back

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    There just "might" be a really nice Gold/Black 2006 XB12Scg for sale in Los Angeles. 3-bearing rear wheel, Drummer, CRG levers, New fuel pump assembly, and everything.
    Someone wants a Firebolt
    Why not just put a Firebolt front end on the Scg? Heck, selling off the modules and the flyscreen should more than cover the price of the Firebolt front fairing and mount. Plus I know someone who has a Firebolt upper clamp for sale. However some knucklehead ground off the ignition mount ... but what a great opportunity for a keyless RFID ignition.

Thanks you guys for the responses. I'd really prefer a 12 over the 9, but E-Z's bike is definitely sharp. And i swear it seems like the farther the bike is from Alabama the more affordable it is,and the closer to me, more expensive. While for the right deal, i could buy the bike and have it shipped to me, I'm just leery about buying a bike ive never seen in person.
    Last edited by Isobuell; 04-21-2021 at 07:12 AM.

Hey 34nineteen, what do yall mean when you say "3 bearing rear wheel" or "two bearing rear wheel"?

Quote Originally Posted by Isobuell View Post
    Thanks you guys for the responses. I'd really prefer a 12 over the 9, but E-Z's bike is definitely sharp. And i swear it seems like the farther the bike is from Alabama the more affordable it is,and the closer to me, more expensive. While for the right deal, i could buy the bike and have it shipped to me, I'm just leery about buying a bike ive never seen in person.
    I know what you mean about the anxiety of buying a bike totally unseen. I bought the Ulysses I have now off Ebay last January from north Dakota. I made a lowball offer and the guy came back with a deal including shipping that I couldnt say no to. I fully expected that i would find a whole slough of problems with the bike when it arrived, but was pleasantly surprised to find the biggest issue on the entire bike to be a corroded spark plug wire. If u do your research on the common problems and get a feel for the seller you can really lessen your chances of getting hosed.

That's the big thing. Buying from a reputable seller is going to be huge. The Buell community is still fairly small and tight knit. We all kind of know each other in one way or another and know which people definitely take care of their stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Isobuell View Post
    Hey 34nineteen, what do yall mean when you say "3 bearing rear wheel" or "two bearing rear wheel"?
    Most of the XB's came with two bearings in the rear wheel. At the end of production, Buell was just introduced a wheel with 3 wheel bearings. Two on the belt side, one on the other.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12