Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Great Piece of Harley-Davidson History!

Hey Opto, thanks for checking in and I’m sorry to hear about your back. I went through something similar that was extremely painful and debilitating a few years back as well. I hope you are able to resolve it soon and get some miles in on the XR. I think of you and John whenever I see an XR on the road. Take care!

Yeah it was weird--Of course being the guy with big dually I got involved with moving two different households, probably something to do with it. I was up and happening and next I knew it took me 10 minutes to go from sitting to standing. Not whining at all but a week in the Lazy boy did the fix but basically sucked.

So looking fwd to some XR time--soon as the latest monsoon blows away.

Just so everyone knows, but all the Buell bits that I gave away--everyone paid their postage/ The prob was the mails were so slow at the time everything took forever. Happy endings are good and now I explore the XR world.

see you out there,

Opto

some Harley nostalgia--my first Harley ride was in '51. My sister's boyfriend, Junie, arrived with this immense(I was 11)Harley, cream in color, a gated side shifter, huge floor boards and a giant version of a bicycle seat with a fence around the back and full tassels underneath. He took me for a long spin.

Most exciting thing in my life to that point, roaring around the country roads. No helmets or gear of any kind. Just the roar and the wind and the Joisey skeeters.

Opto

a

Man what a great life changing story!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12