Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Harley Davidson Pan America 1250 adv

34--I like the idea of the Pan Am so much that I considered trading the newly acquired XR back in (6500 miles) for one.(The cheepo option without all the junk)

Love the warranty and monthly payments.

Sanity prevailed, temporarily. You on the other hand could cash out all your projects and buy a new Pan Am and get out there and ride ride ride. Leave the wrenches behind.

Eric got dumped from HD for whatever reason. I got suckered into buying a new EBR when they offered a $2000 discount and then they promptly shut down--cost me a bundle for a great ride. Point is who knows?--but there is a lot's of suck up all over the place.

For some odd reason I am remembering my brand new Norton Dominator purchased in '68. $950.00 and what a ride. I saw one awhile back--it looked really small with Skinny tires.

Opto

I think the sidewalls on the 1250 cruiser are too high. The Yamaha doesn't look ugly, they just picked ugly colors for it. The Pan-American is too heavy and it looks like it carries the weight high up. In my opinion the Ulysses is 100 pounds less and will go any place the Pan can go and run rings around it on the twisties but it would be nice to have that 1250 in a XB.

too beefy? top heavy? Ulysses is 100 lbs less and "runs rings" around it? a revolution max motor in an antiquated XB frame?
    where in the hell do you geezers come up with this bull****?

my niece transferred from touring-line accessory installations to Rev Max line...York division. reports that orders very strong.
    she's in the black T....gray pants...black hair in bun....glasses....to the right of the rolling table with vertical stack on it...0:27 mark. wonderful young woman and a hell of a hard worker.

I see the appeal of making payments and a warranty but I don't share your faith.
    It's a first year product AND it's so drastically outside the box in important and expensive areas like electronics. Everything is different on this bike.

Thats not an HD bash at ALL. New complicated things come with a warranty for a reason, right? I also have little faith in other mechanics, dealer or otherwise. A lifetime of experience has taught me that I alone should be responsible for a machine that can kill me. YMMV.

Great vid John! Cool to see

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I see the appeal of making payments and a warranty but I don't share your faith.
    It's a first year product AND it's so drastically outside the box in important and expensive areas like electronics. Everything is different on this bike.

Thats not an HD bash at ALL. New complicated things come with a warranty for a reason, right? I also have little faith in other mechanics, dealer or otherwise. A lifetime of experience has taught me that I alone should be responsible for a machine that can kill me. YMMV.
    I get your concern on the "new is new" side ofthings, but I'm super excited that it seems like Harley is on a new mission to prove that they can actually build something worth talking about! I know I've bragged on my new HD enough, but the leap that thing is from the the softail before it is so amazing it really does seem to shine a light on a new direction for HD .

Tequila City with vacation home in Bourbonville
    It's the perfect fugly bike to roll across a gravel parking lot for that latte you ordered on your voice activated mobile app.

My take is Adventure bikes are how the "prestige" makers build a comfortable "standard" without dropping into competing with UJM. Chances of these $20K w/ farkles Adventure bikes bouncing over boulders or crashing through branches is about as likely as a Mercedes G-Class doing the same (unless you have pro ball stoopid player money). Only a couple of buellxb posters might have the balls to skill ratio to actually consistently drift a +500# rig way out in the boonies. I have neither. LOL

If you like this bad boy, I'd wait 1-2 years and buy a like-new one that scared the beejeezus out of a mid-life-crisis dentist.
    Last edited by FementedAgave; 04-26-2021 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FementedAgave View Post
    It's the perfect fugly bike to roll across a gravel parking lot for that latte you ordered on your voice activated mobile app.

My take is Adventure bikes are how the "prestige" makers build a comfortable "standard" without dropping into competing with UJM. Chances of these $20K w/ farkles Adventure bikes bouncing over boulders or crashing through branches is about as likely as a Mercedes G-Class doing the same (unless you have pro ball stoopid player money). Only a couple of buellxb posters might have the balls to skill ratio to actually consistently drift a +500# rig way out in the boonies. I have neither. LOL

If you like this bad boy, I'd wait 1-2 years and buy a like-new one that scared the beejeezus out of a mid-life-crisis dentist.

https://www.revzilla.com/common-trea...cks-is-no-joke

Quote Originally Posted by FementedAgave View Post
    Want me to save you a spot in line?

Tequila City with vacation home in Bourbonville
    Exactly - the PERFECT motorcycle for absolutely no occasion. Adventure bikes are the super model category of motorcycles!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast