Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally got my XB12r

Can you video it and post here so we can hear it? These engines are usually pretty solid and noisy.

At this point, the TPS used on the 2007 models is no longer available.

Twin Motorcycles makes a revision kit to allow one to backdate to the earlier TPS by replacing the throttle shaft.

https://www.twinmotorcycles.nl/websh...cid=0&s=tps&a=

Oh mighty Buell whisperer, do you still have the 2007 TPS available?
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 08-26-2021 at 05:31 PM.

Buell didn't make the TPS, so theres no need to go all 'OE only' for a simple sensor. Any TPS that crosses over will be fine. Same goes for things like spark plugs, oil, tires, belt, light bulbs, wheel bearings, etc.

Got a vid of that rod knock? These are pretty loud engines, but a rod knock should still be very obvious.

It's not like it's gonna do anymore harm than it already has to let it slap around the crank for a minute or two just gonna clean more metal outta the swing arm and I'm a glutton for punishment so why not I'll take a vid after work and post it up ASAP

Ok so I was going to take a video of the wonderful sound my bike was making but decided against it after I started it and it was far worse than it had been so I went to work and rotated the engine down and pulled the top end off and unfortunately my gut feelings were spot on. The front connecting rod has roughly 1/16to 1/8" of slop on the crank side rear seems good though. So does anyone have any leads they care to share on a good used xb12 engine? Any and all leads or advice are appreciated.

How's the cylinder? Why not just fix it?
    I needed some pistons and 34:19 sold me these for only $600! They are just a little rough so I'll it them with a 60 grit angle grinder before I stick them back in.

In all seriousness, fixing them is cheap and easy as long as you can resist the "might-as-well's". Because if you don't, you'll have a sick Hammer 1275 and an empty bank account.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12