Thread: Finally got my XB12r

Finally got my XB12r

Just introducing myself after hiding in the forums for a month or so. Finally left behind the 4 cyl. Bikes and landed on a 2007 xb12r Firebolt and can say there is nothing else like it.

Got my bike used with 26k i do all my own maintenance on it and I'm sure others have had this issue but ill n ask anyways as the posts i did see regarding this weren't very clear. My gas light is constantly on and off full tank itll be on and damn near runnin on vapors its off any help is appreciated

Welcome to the forum! Congrats on your new ride

After you check the circuit and wiring for continuity... the thermistor is maybe $16 and easy to swap. I believe Barrett bought them all. PM him, he hooks up members. FYI, at 15 years and 26K old you may want to think about a whole fuel pump re-build kit while it's out and in your hand.

You can deviate from the service manual instructions (to remove the frame) by hanging the rear of the bike from the rafters (or an A-frame ladder). take off the lower shock bolt and the swing arm will drop enough to sneak out the pump

Heres a link to the Electrical manual and service manual.
    Buellmods.com

Thanks for the info sir. I already planned on ordering the fuel sending unit rebuild from Revision-moto so maybe that will help my issue.

It will. As long as....

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    you check the circuit and wiring for continuity...
    Otherwise you are spending cash and waiting for parts, for a complete guess

In the meantime, re-set your trip meter when you fill up and fill up again every 100 miles