Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally got my XB12r

Finally got my XB12r

Just introducing myself after hiding in the forums for a month or so. Finally left behind the 4 cyl. Bikes and landed on a 2007 xb12r Firebolt and can say there is nothing else like it.

Got my bike used with 26k i do all my own maintenance on it and I'm sure others have had this issue but ill n ask anyways as the posts i did see regarding this weren't very clear. My gas light is constantly on and off full tank itll be on and damn near runnin on vapors its off any help is appreciated

Welcome to the forum! Congrats on your new ride

After you check the circuit and wiring for continuity... the thermistor is maybe $16 and easy to swap. I believe Barrett bought them all. PM him, he hooks up members. FYI, at 15 years and 26K old you may want to think about a whole fuel pump re-build kit while it's out and in your hand.

You can deviate from the service manual instructions (to remove the frame) by hanging the rear of the bike from the rafters (or an A-frame ladder). take off the lower shock bolt and the swing arm will drop enough to sneak out the pump

Heres a link to the Electrical manual and service manual.
    Buellmods.com

Thanks for the info sir. I already planned on ordering the fuel sending unit rebuild from Revision-moto so maybe that will help my issue.

It will. As long as....

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    you check the circuit and wiring for continuity...
    Otherwise you are spending cash and waiting for parts, for a complete guess

In the meantime, re-set your trip meter when you fill up and fill up again every 100 miles

Cooter thanks for the help, I ordered a rebuild kit from Quantum and it solved my problems. Maybe you can help my with my next issue also. Is there a common p/n for the 2007 xb12 TPS that can be bought from NAPA or Autozone? The Duralast TPS213 is almost correct except for the indexing tangs on the sensor aren't at 1 and 7 o'clock. I hope that makes sense. Thanks in advance

Quantum is tempting because its so cheap, BUT thats because it is cheap They are an off shore e-bay company that sells **** pumps with the wrong pressure regulator. Listed incorrectly as fitting Buells.

Thats why I recommended talking to Barrett. Check your fuel pressure now, it should be 49psi. IIRC Quantum ships with a 40psi regulator. The lower pressure regulator the Quantum kits have WILL cause you issues going lean at WOT. Boom

A TPS is incredibly easy to test, and pretty dang rare anything goes wrong with such a simple sensor. But if you have tested it directly and it has failed, here ya go:
    https://st-paul-harley-davidson-buel...6-xb-s3-x1-b1q
    or take a chance:
    https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...ference-thread

Determine if your TPS has changed position from its factory base-line.
    Determine if your TPS has dumped a fault code into your ECM historicals.
    Determine if your TPS is failing and causing rideability issues to include erratic cold and warm idle...horrible throttle response...continuous cold start stalling on 03-07 models.

Then click link below, start at that page, read what I authored when I was LunaticFringe and User_Deleted. And view attached dealer issued TSB I had dug up, from way back when.

https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...-thread/page11

xb tps tech bulletin.jpg

Great info Barrett! I took a re-look and my fast search for the TPS was 99-06, and now I know why

Confirmed by the parts cross reference thread link I gave as well on post #8. Try TPS4129 instead. Post #11.

It's amazing what you can find if you search and read for just a few minutes! LOL.

Yes it is quite amazing what one can learn from a search and some reading, which is why I didn't use the regulator that came with the Quantum kit because after some reading I knew it was incorrect to use a regulator marked 40psi in an application that requires atleast 9psi more.

As for the TPS4129 it was also incorrect which worked out sprayed the old one with some QD cleaner and now it works tits. Kinda works tits and I say kinda because I've developed a bit of a rod knock so anyone have a line on good used 1203 engine please let me know I'm all ears.

Also Barrett very good advice it's much appreciated that goes for you as well Cooter, much appreciated

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast